460 Rowland conversion

ForneyRider

Anyone know where to get these conversions and brass?

Both my brothers want conversions. One for XD and the other for a Glock.
Both have tried to contact the 460 Rowland site and received to answer to calls and email.

Sgt Pepper

I do not think anyone ever produced one for Glock.

IIRC, Wild Alaska Customs (or whatever they are called - the gun shop people who have/had the tv show) produced a kit for XD45 5" tactical only (not 4" service).

Clark Customs in Louisiana sells/sold .460 kits for 1911 government, i.e. 5.25", models. They briefly made 4.25" commander length kits, but discontinued those.

I have a 1911 government kit that I might be willing to part with. Have georgia arms ammo and starline brass too.

btw, the 460 Rowland is fun as hell to shoot.

Uncle Malice

I do not think anyone ever produced one for Glock.

Ughh... the Glock conversion is an official option. :confused:

http://shop.460rowland.com/glock_21_conversion

From their site:

Some of the auto-loading pistol conversions include: most modern high quality 1911 style auto loading pistols, the Glock Model 21 and model 30, and all Springfield XD and XDm models, (except the subcompact 3.8” model). Just specify the make, model and barrel Length of the gun you want to convert, place your order and we will deliver it to you ready to install.

Both have tried to contact the 460 Rowland site and received to answer to calls and email.

What is it that you're asking about? You can order from:

https://shop.460rowland.com/

Wreck-n-Crew

A guy on Glock Talk posted a thread on his two conversions of the G30 and G21. Might want to learn a little about what it takes to get them running reliably.

Sgt Pepper

Sorry Uncle Malice, but back when I was in the 460 Rowland shopping/reloading game (around 1-1/2 to 2 years ago), the Glock was a major no go option. I apologize to you personally sir for not keeping up with the new product offerings, and I am sorry the OP didn't google it first like you did. I will backcheck and update all of my facts before posting to this board again. Glad you were able to impart some substantive info regarding your personal experience with the 460 Rowland. Sheesh.

Uncle Malice

Sorry Uncle Malice, but back when I was in the 460 Rowland shopping/reloading game (around 1-1/2 to 2 years ago), the Glock was a major no go option. I apologize to you personally sir for not keeping up with the new product offerings, and I am sorry the OP didn't google it first like you did. I will backcheck and update all of my facts before posting to this board again. Glad you were able to impart some substantive info regarding your personal experience with the 460 Rowland. Sheesh.

What in the world was that all about? I apologize if you felt offended by my pointing out the factual information. I don't think I did so in an offensive or snarky manner. I just had no idea why you were saying that.

You say that 1.5-2 years ago, the Glock was a no-go option, but again.. according to the 460rowland.com website, here is a post from March, 2010 indicating that it is a great option for conversion.

I think someone was telling you fibs when you were looking into a Glock conversion for 460 R.