.45LC Leverevolution in a Taurus Judge?

RimfireChris

Has anybody tried this out, and how did it work for you? What was the recoil like and how accurate were they? Ammo to go has them for a pretty reasonable $18.92, so I'm kind of interested.

Jim March

Well let's see here.

We'll take a round designed to expand out of RIFLES, and shoot it out of a 2" barrel.

Gee, yeah, that oughta work great!

Not.

Pahoo

During an informal range test, we found that the most accrurate round, was the .410 slug. Again, that was out of the Judge. ..... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

RimfireChris

Ok, watched the video, wow, that pretty much sucks.

For Pahoo, what slugs were you using? After floating a question about slugs on another forum, the general consensus, from Judge owners, was that the slugs weren't very accurate, and didn't hit as hard as the .45LC. I'm not denying your experience, if there is a good slug load for the Judge, I'd love to try it, I like having options.

Pahoo

what slugs were you using?
Not sure what we were using and I'll have to get back to you on this as it was not my gun. Just a few of us getting together and one of the fellows was trying out his new Judge. As I said before, it was just an informal get together.

I'm not denying your experience, if there is a good slug load for the Judge, I'd love to try it, I like having options.
That's okay and you have a right to question. As far as experience or expertise on the Judge, I absolutely have very little. Personally I don't take much interest in them but they have really taken off, here in Iowa since Shall-Issue. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

2liter

completely off topic, but does anyone know where i can find wooden handles for the judge? and are they safe to polish?

robctwo

I do not have a Judge, or any .45 colt under 4". I have been reloading .45 colt for a while. I reload so I can shoot for a reasonable price, and so I can tailor loads. I think the 250-255 gr lead round nose or swc would work well running 750 fps ish. Maybe not the most pleasant to shoot out of a 2" barrel. They work very well out of my 4" Mountain Gun. Accurate, manageable and enough stopping power.

RimfireChris

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting started in reloading, .45LC is pretty spendy, I'm gonna start rolling my own at least for practice.

For 2liter, I don't know, but if you find some let us know! By polish, do you mean the gun or the grips.

Last edited:

10 Beers

I always considered water to be what you fire a bullet into if you DON'T want it to deform. Like in a ballistics lab. You can do better shooting dirt and comparing the hole size, now that's down home science.

robctwo

I've been loading since 2004. Started out on a friend's Lee Loadmaster. bought a Hornady LnL. Friend did the same 5 years and hundreds of hours of frustration later.

I've run over 150,000 through my machine. Had to send it in to the factory for a problem at 85,000. They rebuilt it for free and shipped it back for free.

I load mostly handgun, but have dies for a wide range of rifle and load as needed.

When I started out lots of folks said get a single stage. A few said go progressive, load one at a time until you get comfortable. I'm glad I did that. I just loaded 200 .45ACP this morning in about 40 minutes. Drinking coffee, relaxed. I like the auto index feature of the LnL to reduce the chances of double loads, especially in the .45 Colt and .357.

Reloading is a whole new world for shooting. Reloading addicts shoot a lot to get more empty cases.

I shoot for 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of pistol ammo. The savings paid for my machine and dies. The additional savings go toward gun purchases. All my guns are "free". Shooting more creates bigger savings, which results in more guns in different calibers, which in turn results in more shooting and more savings, for more guns.

You see the logic.