.45 SW99 now on S&W website

AndABeer

Was looking around my usual internet stops and saw that the SW99 in .45 is listed on the website. Dunno that I am all that interested but have seen numerous comments about it on this site so I thought I would relay. Sorry if this is old news.

SW120206.jpg

jason10mm

Leave it to S&W to clutter up the relatively clean lines of the walther P99. Do we really NEED front cocking serrations? I'm damn glad I got a HS2000 before the serrations infected that pistol line as well. I'm sure Sig and HK won't be far behind :rolleyes:

I would like to get a rail that would accept my M3 light though. Wonder if I can get a p99 and a SW99 (9mm version) and swap the slides. Or will Walther also change the rail? Later.

RandomPerson

That's a little unfair to S&W -- lots of people seem to think of the front serrations as a feature, rather than a bug; see SA's higher-end 1911s.

I was just talking to a friend today and checked it out -- as far as I see, I don't use the front of the slide for slide-racking or malf-clearing, so I have no idea why I'd benefit from front serrations.

P99

The only advantage I know of for front serrations is for press checking for a round in the chamber. The SW99 has a full chamber indicator already via the end of the long extractor, so I see no advantage of the serrations other than cosmetic.

Herr Walther

I just got the new product flyer in the mail from S&W today.

Suggested retail of $688. They're out of they're minds. I don't even know why they keep sending the shop this stuff. We were removed from their dealer list when all the crap started with them a couple of years ago.

E357

To those of you who don't like the front cocking serrations - I suggest you try some single handed defense drills.

Remember this is a .45, it will have a much stronger recoil spring.

Ellliot