45 super in G36

Trigger Finger

I am sure it could, on a limited bases. With a much higher recoil spring and a slide buffer you would be able to shoot limited amounts of 45 Super. I converted my 4516 and 4506 to 45 Super and they still shoot regular 45ACP.

"Why".....the same reason that they have 44 mag, 454 Casull and 500 mag in 2 1/2 and 3 inch barrels!!!! Something powerful in a small package. Perhaps for hiking or challenging pin shooting!! :D

And I can't even imagine shooting a 500 S&W mag with a 2 1/2 inch barrel. It would burn your eyebrows off!! :)

flyboyjake

More to the point, why would you?

Thats not to the point at all. The point was quite specific. But to answer your question, because I want to.

I would purchase a new bbl from lonewolf with tighter support. If you arent a glock fan, fine...but their polymer has a higher tensile strength than steel...im not concerned. The G36 however, is a smaller frame, and im not sure its capable. I was hoping id find someone who has called glock on it. Maybe ill just get off my arse and do it myself.

voyager4520

I've never heard of someone doing it with a G36 so I don't know. I know some people have done it with G21's and G30's with no problem. One person in particular used an aftermarket guide rod with 21lb spring set in his G30. The G36 uses the exact same recoil assembly as the G30 so I'd imagine the G36 would use the same set-up.

Glock will likely give you the standard liability statement of "Only shoot factory new SAAMI spec jacketed ammo in good condition of the chambering listed on the pistol."

Edit: Further search on other forums, I can't find anyone who's tried it, only a bunch of people asking the same question and being told "I wouldn't try it!".

Trigger Finger

"I wouldn't touch a polymer .45super glock with its poor chamber support with a 10ft stick. If you want .45super, look to a Smith or 1911. "

My Glock 21SF shoots 45 Super and ACP great!!

Keep us informed flyboyjake!