45 Raptor in a Savage 110LA

BoogieMan

I had an extra 110 LA hanging around and decided to order a new 45 Raptor barrel from Satern to finish it out. Before I start trying to get this thing to feed I would love some input. This is a blind box feed 30-06 action. I am considering cutting the follower down and shaping a block with a centered funnel style feed ramp. Any problems with my plan of attack? any suggestions on a better way to feed this beast? Should I start with a 308 spring and follower? Am I wasting my time with the long action?
FYI- 45 Raptor is a 460S&W that uses 308win brass. Same loading specs as a 460s&w except it uses the rimless 308 brass for easy feeding. And it packs a wallop in a 22" barrel. 300gr 45cal bullets fly at 2250fps+. Great for rabbits, squirrel and other small heavily armored animals.
http://www.45raptor.com/45RAPTOR/performance/

Scorch

You would probably want to put it in a short action rather than a long action, the COAL is pretty short for a long action.

BoogieMan

You would probably want to put it in a short action rather than a long action, the COAL is pretty short for a long action.
That would be my first choice also. But, I have a long action with a nice stock waiting for a barrel. I would have to buy a short action. Do you think it will cause feeding problems or just a matter of visual appeal? Many people will run 308 in LA.

Scorch

Do you think it will cause feeding problems
I don't know. The Raptor is short enough for an AR-15, so it would work best in a short action. I think it will work in a long action, but may need some tweaking. I built a 450 Bushmaster rifle on a Mauser, and it worked well, though it is .010" shorter than you are looking at with the Raptor. But the Mauser is CRF, not push feed. If you already have the action, go for it, you can always unscrew the barrel and put something else on it if it doesn't work well.