.45 Long Colt Ruger Black Hawk Holster?

TJ Freak

I'm going to buy a new .45 LC BH in a couple weeks. I am looking for a leather crossdraw holster for under 50.00. I found a Hunter at midway that I may get for 35.00 or so. If anyone has any suggestions for a holster I would appreciate it. I was thinking about using a Food Saver to vacuum seal the pistol and soak the holster for a better fit. I plan on getting the 4 5/8 barrel.

Thanks

44 AMP

Staff
Hunter Holsters

Good basic holster. Lasts for years with just a little care. All the benefits and drawbacks of leather. I would use it a while, before trying to mold it to the gun. It is a personal matter, some like it, some don't.

My self, it doesn't matter, I think the fit should be snug, but not tight. I always use the strap, so real tight isn't an issue for me.

Just a thought, if you have one around, many dealers have a box of used holsters, often dirt cheap. If you spend some time pawing through, you just might find a gem.

TJ Freak

I did find a nice Bianche at a local dealer, great condition. I paid 15.00 for it. It fit my single six perfectly, I'm sure that's what the last gun it was used for was. I'll defineatly keep looking there. I'm afraid a crossdraw may be hard to find though. Ya know if you're looking for a certain item ya never find it. Kinda like checking garage sells for a specific thing. :)