.45 lc mountain gun

porkskin

favorite dealer has a news&w 4' blued mountain gun in .45 long colt. never fired a n frame or a .45 lc. priced at $599. is this a good deal? and does a .45 lc shoot good? i do not reload and probably never will. any advice?

Leif

Got to love the Mountain Gun. I have the .44mag stainless version, although those blued versions certainly are very appealing. I enjoy mine quite a bit and find it accurate enough for my abilities; recoil certainly is there with the magnum loads, but I can't comment on the .45. With .44special, it's not even an issue.

The price seems average for a brand new example. .45 will get expensive if you don't reload.

JoeHatley

Not the blued version, but www.budsgunshop.com has the stainless 625 MG for $483 + $25 S/H.

I've had this 2002 version for a few years.
625mg_45lc_l.jpg

Very fun shooters...

Joe

22-rimfire

I paid $580 for a 4" 41 mag mountain gun last year from a gun shop. So, the price is in the right ball park. You would probably be happier with a 44 mag version shooting 44 Specials most of the time unless you reload. But there are a lot of fans of the 45LC.

Manchu

From Bud's site...

S&W M625 160932 45LC MTN GUN *DLR*
Model: 160932 $483.16
This Item is in stock.
Bud's Item Number: 19531

Is that some sort of special dealer pricing? Is that the price I would pay if I call up and order one?

Jack Malloy

I have one in stainlless and its a fun gun to shoot.
Elmer Keith always said the .45 LC was the best factory load for the man who did not make his own custom loads for self defense.
I sometimes use mine for a defense gun too.