.45 GAP more accurate for me

DonutGuy

Any other GAPPERS shoot better and more accurate than the ACP? I sure do, and have an OD GLock 38 coming in the future to hang out with my Glock 39. No caliber war here, but from PERSONAL experience, I shoot the GAP better than the ACP.;)

G19OD

I just got my G38 this week. :) Weather permitting, I will get to the range with it tomorrow. I will let you know how much I have!

B18C5-EH2

You're not alone when it comes to .45 GAP:

Anyone Else Here Employ the .45 GAP Round?

.45 GAP

Just be prepared for closed minded people that have never shot one to waltz in with clever quips such as:

".45 GAP was Glock's answer to a question that nobody asked."

or

"It's a pointless round when .45 ACP gets the job done."

or

"It's a dying round."

or

"It's impossible to find and it's very expensive."

All of the above are direct quotes from various members here. Consequently when all were asked if they'd ever shot a .45 GAP pistol responses were turned up noses and "no there's no point" or no response, which again points to talking badly about something without any real experience.

.45 GAP topics seem to be one of those polarizing events like Hi-Point topics.

BTW I'm a proud GAPper (click that first link too)

G39Stubby2.jpg

G391Pearce.jpg

Shorter than a 9x19mm, but makes bigger holes!

45GAPv9mmLuger1JPG.jpg

jeffreybehr

I found that I can shoot my G37 more accurately than I can shoot my long-barreled model 35 (40S&W), so I'm now shooting the former in USPSA competition.

3738GTL_2_1000w.jpg

45_Shooter

I'd venture a guess that it has more to do with how the smaller frame GAP chambered pistols fit your hand than inherent accuracy or recoil/shooting dynamics compared to the ACP.

In that regard, the .45 GAP certainly has a benefit for certain shooters. I have larger hands, and have always shot the larger framed Glocks (20,21) better than the 9mm frames, although toting around those big-frame monsters isn't as nice as the small frames!

Nakanokalronin

Thing is the GAP round WAS Glocks answer to THEIR brick like grips of their .45s.

Springfield Armory came along and showed how a .45acp round could fit in a nice grip with their XDs. Then Glock came out with the SF series.

Now I will admit that a .45GAP round in a double stacked CCW pistol is ideal, but with the selection and availability of the ammo leaves something to be desired. You more than likely will not walk into a Walmart or department store that carries ammo and walk out with some GAP.

As .45acp CCW guns feeling like bricks. I own a Kimber UCII in stainless and I don't think the grip is anywhere near a brick. Grant it there are ONLY 7+1 rounds of .45acp but then again if I need more I'll have an extra mag with me. If I need the extra mag I'm in deep doo doo.

DonutGuy

Now I will admit that a .45GAP round in a double stacked CCW pistol is ideal, but with the selection and availability of the ammo leaves something to be desired. You more than likely will not walk into a Walmart or department store that carries ammo and walk out with some GAP.

You're right, but thats why I order mine online...always available when needed. (target rounds are a little more $$, but HP's are cheaper...which matter the most) :cool:

Stevie-Ray

"It's impossible to find and it's very expensive."
:confused: I was pointed to a spot where they were very cheap. So much so that I was considering a new caliber. But I can't really afford the gun in the first place.:rolleyes:

Claude Clay

horrible grip made a bit differently--

tell Perry White

STOP THE PRESSES:rolleyes:

but seriously...why learn one thing when there are sooooo many to try till you find that which exists as perfect for you. i've shot them, shot the EMP also. hold a mite different but not a make it or break it.

G19OD

I finally made it to the range today. I put 100 .45GAP and 50 9mm rounds down range with my new G38 and old G19 respectively. I would say there is no accuracy difference for me, but this was my first 100 rounds with the G38. Hopefully, I will improve with it as I get accustomed to it and it gets broken in. There were no issues of any kind with either gun. It was a really good day! :)