45 cal Jukar,CVA , Traditions

Captchee

Ok so as some of you know , every now and then I like to take one of these old rifles and BASH!!!! It .
Ok well more like see how they could turn out if CVA would have done things just a little different and what can be achieved with these guns if a person just takes alittle more time in building them .
Through the years we have had many episodes of bobcats and re shaping the two piece stock . But I got to thinking since there was only a very small production run of the CVA Kentucky rifles in full stock and most have never seen one , I thought ; ok lets do a complete restock of the two piece stocked rifle .
For this build we replaced the factory flintlock with a Manton . the original lock , had seen better days . I also added double set triggers as was requested . this then called for and new trigger guard . I made a new side plate and also new RR pipes so as to go to a 5/16 RR vs. the rather large 3/8+ RR. I also made a new rear sight .

So here it is .
DSC00194_zps892860c2.jpg

DSC00202_zps58b394d8.jpg

DSC00212_zps53db48ff.jpg

making the rear sight
DSC00231_zpsf0b6d45e.jpg

DSC00235_zps42b25078.jpg

DSC00239_zps8525fd15.jpg

Captchee

here are some comparison shots . also i would like to make not that the balance point of the rifle even the patch and additional parts moved back 2 inches

DSC00244_zps76d9ae19.jpg

DSC00249_zps793c665b.jpg

So for those of you who have one of these older production rifles , there are some things that can be done to them . Even if all you do is finish up the original shaping of the two piece stock , you might be very surprised at just how nice of a little rifle you can end up with

Captchee

You do great work my friend and taking the pictures against a plain background would show it off even better.

true , but these are just shop photos ffor the purpose of showing some those who maybe interested , what can be done .

but yep , you are right a plain backgrounf would have been better . so would have flatter lighting

Pahoo

Alive and well !!!

Just plain "beautiful" and so pleased to see that this Art-Form, is alive and well. Thank you for your post. ...... :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:

BerdanSS

Good gravy man.....you are indeed an exceptional craftsmen.

I see these rifles quite often at a monthly traders market I frequent. Usually can be picked up for a song. I've always steered clear of them due to poor finishing and fitting, but I my snag a couple this year to learn/practice on.

Captchee

thank you for the kind words guys .
Berdan .
there is a whole lot of wood on the original stock . they can be taken down considerably which fix the issues with fit and finish .