.45 acp lswc col.

m&p45acp10+1

I have finaly obtained the gear to start reloading. I am loading for .45 ACP with Lazer Cast lead SWC 200 grains. The load recipie starts at 6.9 grains of IMR 800x. (I used 2 sources for this, Lee, and Hodgdon. Both exactly the same) COL is saying 1.225. I shot 150 rounds today that I had at 6.5 grains and a COL of 1.26 and they fired fine, just were hitting low of POA.
Do I need to seat theese deeper at 1.225? Will this cause too much pressure?
I simply want to be safe, and shoot consitantly.
Thanks,
Nate

Ifishsum

If they ran through your pistol without any feeding problems at all, I would say you don't have to set them deeper.

Kyo

the max is 1.275
I do my 185 LSWC at 1.23x sometimes 1.242
My dad's 185 Flat point FMJ's are seated to 1.220-1.23x
They all shoot fine through my gun. he can't shoot the lead but the FMJ's don't give any problems.
Grats on reloading! if you like your powder stick with it! Might want to try less powder to economize but not too little that it won't cycle the slide or extract the case

m&p45acp10+1

Got a new batch loaded

I talked to a frined that reloads. He confirmed what I thought after reading some. The longer COL contriuted to the low POI to POA problem I was having. I loaded up 100 more rounds. This time with a COL of 1.23 for all. 50 loaded with 4.0 grains of Bull's Eye, and 50 loaded with 6.8 grains of IMR 800x. I am using Wolf primers for all. (I wanted CCI, all I could get were the Wolf).

m&p45acp10+1

last post cut short. I will updated with a range report when I can get the time to go again.
Thanks for all of the info,
Nate