.45 ACP for concealed carry

longnkrnch

I have a Taurus PT145, so, now, I am obviously STILL looking for a good .45ACP concealed carry gun. If Springfield made the .45 in a subcompact, it would be my first choice, but, they don't. So I would like to hear opinions on what would be my best choice for a small, light, concealable .45ACP.
What do you guys think?

BerettaBuckeye

Kahr. Mine is a PM45 and I love it.Some of their larger .45's are still small....P45, CW45 & even the TP45. As a matter of fact, I just saw that Buds has a great price on a TP45.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46029

That's a great gun for a great price although it might be a little long in the grip compared to what you're used to. I personally think the size is fine and if I didn't already have the PM45 I would buy one for that price.

If not Kahr the next thing that comes to mind is Glock. I have no problem with Glocks but the small .45 ( G30?) was just too thick for my taste. Good luck

I have a Taurus PT145

You've probably got the best concealable .45ACP out there, assuming yours is reliable (not all are). I have one that is, and bought a Kahr PM-45 thinking it would be enough smaller to carry IWB under a light shirt. It wasn't. Frankly, it wasn't that much more concealable than the PT-145, and held only about half as many rounds. Moreover, the recoil with +P 230-gr loads was just slightly on the harsh side of heavy. The 145 digests them rather pleasantly.

I traded the Kahr for a Kel-Tec PF-9 which, at .88" width, will just disappear under a T-shirt in a tuckable IWB holster. Also got a Ruger LCP to replace my Kel-Tec P-32 as my "always" gun.

rdwoody1

I carry a Glock 36, which is the Slimline .45 ACP. I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck and I have yet to wear an outfit that I couldn't nearly completely conceal the gun. I generally carry about 4 to 4:30, but I've tried 3 all the way to 5:30 with great results. Of course, this could be the doings of the holster just as much as the gun, but I also had very good concealment (for OWB) when I used to carry it in a Safariland and a Galco. I also carried a Kimber Ultra Carry II briefly. It wasn't mine, it belong to my uncle, but it was very concealable as well. And, man, I LOVED that gun!

Flipper 56

As the saying goes......
Forget about the Dog;
I've got a Warthog.

A bit heavy with the double stack mag, however it is great in a shoulder holster but fits in a pocket carry Galco. Gotta keep jacking my pants up :eek:
It is incomparable firepower though, concealed-carry wise. Good article in the current issue of "COMBAT HANDGUNS". The bark alone would scare 'em away.
Para-Ord out did themselves and are now in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Indy_Tim

I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II with a set of thin grips and it's been a great gun. It's light, accurate and reliable. With the thin grips, it disappears under a t-shirt or when worn IWB. Normally, I carry OWB in a Kramer scabbard holster under an untucked shirt and it conceals very well.

Tim

azyogi

I've been thinking of what to get once concealed carry [without permit] becomes the law here in AZ. I like the .45 ACP and open carry a 1858 NMA with a conversion cylinder. So I thank you guys for all the reccomendations

dogngun

I recommene the RIA Compact model. I have the

Charles Daly version (same pistol, different sights, grips and finish) that has been a real pleasure to shoot - it still surprises me with its accuracy and it has been virtually problem free...I installed a new recoil spring after the factory original one wore a little after 7 years. (ARMSCOR/RIA sent me the replacement spring free under theur guarantee.)
I have examined very expensive compact 1911 type pistols, including Colts, side by side with my ARMSCOR, and I believe my pistol is as good as or better than any I have seen so far.

Star used to make a very small single action.45 ACP pistol, all steel and heavy as a brick, but they are near impossible to find now.

mark

MTS840

I have a Taurus PT145, so, now, I am obviously STILL looking for a good .45ACP concealed carry gun. If Springfield made the .45 in a subcompact, it would be my first choice, but, they don't. So I would like to hear opinions on what would be my best choice for a small, light, concealable .45ACP.
What do you guys think?

I get the sarcasm. Any one of these are small and reliable.

Glock 30 SF

Glock 36

Sig P220 Carry

Sig P245

H&K 45c

IMTHDUKE

Some suggestions.....

P220DAK-1.jpg

62520996525079.jpg

62520996552615.jpg

golfnutrlv

Glock 36 for size concerns, and the reliability question is settled here.

Second choice, Smith and Wesson M&P Compact .45. Better capacity, as reliable as the Glock, and a better all around gun IMO. (I do like Glocks though).

I would have put the M&P first, but size seems to be more important to you, so props the Glock.

(BH)

I carry an M&P45c IWB everyday. With the right holster, this thing disappears on me (and I'm pretty thin).

Having 9 rounds of .45 in a compact polymer gun makes for some good carrying.

madmag

I carry a Glock G36 .45ACP daily. I am amazed that it is as light and easy to carry as my Smith snub 36.

Seven rounds of .45ACP (eight with extender) and very light to carry......about as good as it gets.:)

Sarge43

I have a Kimber Ultra, and have had zero troubles with it. Of all the handguns I own (around 20 at last count), the DW CCO is on my hip probably 85% of the time. It's just a good fit, easily concealable, reliable, and just about everything else I look for in a carry pistol. Many good choices out there. Good luck!
Sarge
PICT0001-52.jpg

orionengnr

For summer carry, my favorite is my Kahr P45. I would like a PM45 but have not found one at the right price yet. I have 1911s in 3" and 4" (and love them) but the Kahr is smaller/lighter than any of them, and spends the most time on my hip.

The bark alone would scare 'em away.
Do not believe this for a minute. To paraphrase the sig line of another member "No-one ever won a gunfight by being the first to make a loud noise".