45 acp conversion for the vaquaro.

Andrewh

I was looking in a gun store and noticed a stanless vaquaro 40 bucks more then the fancier model next to it and wondered why till I noticed it came with an extra cylinder marked 45 acp. Does anyone have one? Can I just by that cyliner for my 45 long colt vaquaro?

Walt Sherrill

I've been told -- but haven't talked to Ruger myself -- that the extra cylinder is fitted to the gun at the factory and cannot be added to an existing gun. (Ruger won't sell sell an extra cylinder.)

You might try calling the Ruger Customer Service line to find out.

JoeHatley

Andrew,

I tried to get Ruger to fit an extra .45 acp cylinder to my Bisley Vaquero in .45 colt. They wouldn't do it. Said they would only fit an extra cylinder to a revolver that was originally sold with two.

Ended up buying a Blackhawk convertable.

BTW: Even though the cylinders are hand fitted to an individual revolver, the .45 acp cylinder from the Blackhawk works fine in my Vaquero. Just lucky I guess...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Andrewh

Thanks for the reply. Might call them anyway. Didn't know they were fitted to each revolver. Guess that explains why I couldn't use another guys cylinder at my last shoot. I just thought the timing was off.

Dingo

The guys are right. Ruger will only rework or replace to the exact condition it left the factory.