.45 ACP bullet from SNS

condor bravo

SNScasting has a .45 ACP bullet that is probably fairly new with a new feature or two. It is a standard 200 gr semi-wadcutter with a bevel base, has Hi-Tek coating, brick red in color, but lacks the usual lubricating groove that I assume is a new feature with coated bullets (but maybe not). They are sized to .451. Will have tried a few by this time tomorrow. Would like to display a photo but my photo posting ability has been rather dismal.

condor bravo

Jim:

Yes I guess I more or less figured that. With the exception of moly coated rifle bullets, this was my first run in with handgun Hi-Teks, well the second since I got some brick red .38 DEWCs from SNS a week ago. They functioned very well and eliminated most of the smoking that you get from lubed bullets. So now I'm a high tech fan of Hi-Teks.

Hammerhead

Those SNS SWC's shot real straight and cut clean holes for me and my HK45C.
Only gold color was available then. (~2 years ago)

Switched to 'The Blue Bullets' 200 grain SWC - no lube groove, square base.

condor bravo

SNS does indicate .452 in their descriptions. They seemed to seat into the cases with less pressure than usual (perhaps because of the coating) which prompted a measurement that definitely came out at .451. The same bullet with lubricant miked at .452.