45 ACP 230 Grain FMJ prices

DG45

Is UMC running a wholesale special on ammo? Yesterday I bought 2 boxes UMC 50 rounds each 45 ACP (an auto round, but will shoot in my S&W 1917 revolver with moon clips) at a local Dick's Sporting Goods. No freight or anything. There was no sign that it was a store sale, but around here, that's a pretty good retail price for UMC 45 ACP's in 50 round quantities.

Brian48

Around here, the case price on UMC .45ACP went up $2 per box ever since they (Dick's) restocked. Used to be $14.95 per 50ct box if you buy 10.

DG45

Sorry, forgot to mention the most important thing. It was $19.95 per 50 round box of brass case FMJ. The UMC product number shown on the box is L45AP4. You only had to buy one box to get it at that price but I bought two. (The price around here for UMC in 50 round boxes is usually like $22.95 or higher, if you can find it at all in quantities less than several hundred rounds.) I know you can buy some other brands cheaper than UMC and that you can get a lower price per round for UMC if you buy in large quantities, but I don't shoot that much any more, and UMC is what I've always shot and is reliable, and 50 round boxes is the way I buy it. It's the first time I've ever walked into a Dick's Sporting Goods though, and I didn't go in intending to buy ammo at all; I didn't even know they were into guns and ammo type sports. But I saw this stuff in there at about $2.50 a box less than I thought would be at it's lowest price anywhere around here and picked up a couple of boxes of it.

Magyar

It was $19.95 per 50 round box of brass case FMJ.
Wally World still has this beat by couple of dollars w/Blazer Brass...However, you need to sweet-talk the clerk in letting you know when the shipments come in & when they stock...If not, the shelves remain empty....
I wiped them out one day for myself even though I disliked the idea that I was becoming one of the hoarders for no apparent reason. This hysteria is letting the dealers mark up the prices....Anyway, I stocked up on both 9mm & .45acp...:)

SMITH910

When $19.95 for a box of 50 FMJ's seems like a good deal, I know things are messed up in this world. I cannot come to grips with the high prices of ammo these days.

uponthestair

Walmart still has the best prices here in Phx, too.

If you happen to walk into the store just after the shipment comes in, which has been few and far between.

I managed to clean out my local store today (all .45 cal). They just got a small shipment last nite.

Blazer Brass 14.97 1 box
Winchester 16.97 8 boxes
Remington 18.97 1 box

I wouldn't normally buy the Remington but I took pity on the lonely little box sitting all by itself.

I'm afraid I'm also becoming a hoarder.

And I gave my phone number to the girl behind the counter. We'll see how that goes.

csmsss

Wally sells 100 rds of .45 WWB for less than $30 a box.
At your local WalMart, perhaps, but in many locations (including all the ones within an easy drive for me), they don't even carry the WWB in 50 round boxes, let alone 100 count boxes. Each store seems to have its own policies regarding which ammunition it carries and how much it orders.

SW1911CT

The cheapest my local wally has 45 for is remington umc 250 packs for 81 plus tax. Thats about .30 per. And of course finding a combination of in stock + someone to unlock the glass is only slightly easier than finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow these days

csmsss

The cheapest my local wally has 45 for is remington umc 250 packs for 81 plus tax. Thats about .30 per. And of course finding a combination of in stock + someone to unlock the glass is only slightly easier than finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow these days
The only place I see those UMC packs where I live is a Gander Mountain - and would you believe they want $140 for them?

Luckily, the Walmart near me still has, from time to time, BlazerBrass in .45 ACP for about $15 for a box of 50. I stop in every few days and buy up what they have.

orionengnr

Sorry, forgot to mention the most important thing. It was $19.95 per 50 round box
Yep, you sure did.

Wal-Mart WWB around here is $19.95/50, $29.95/100.

So no, I won't be running on down to my local Dick's to buy some at that price. :)