.440 balls

Beagle333

Well, I didn't cast em, but I happened to run across an ol' boy who was selling 32# of soft cast .440 round balls for a buck a pound. That translates out to 1,566 balls, by my comps and should keep the ol' Seneca smokin' for days to come!
I do enjoy casting round balls, but if I can get em for the same price as my raw lead, I'm going for the balls. ;)

I just got a new 6-cav MiHec .44 Devastator mold that I'm itching to try out, if it'll ever stop raining. I do believe it has rained here every day now for two months. It's a rain forest out there. Hot and muggy and mosquitoes the size of small birds. :eek:

Pahoo

Fantastic !!!

Beagle

Are they homemade or factory. At any rate, that is a great price even if they show some age. for me, that is a lifetime supply. ….. :)

All you need now, is a Patriot to go with your Seneca ….. ;)

Be Safe !!!

Beagle333

They are hand cast balls, Pahoo. :)

I agree, Chainsaw. If I knew somebody that sold me nice sharp-edged HP's for a buck a pound, I'd get plum out of the casting hobby and just shoot em.;)

Just curious: what is their actual diameter and what do they weigh? I put an actual 0.44" diameter ball of pure lead (11.34 grains per cc) at 127.91 grains. 32 lbs would be about 1751 balls.

Beagle333

You'd be right, Unclenick. I grabbed the wrong number off the chart when I bought them. I think I must have used 143 grains. I got an even better deal than I thought. :)

I haven't actually weighed any of them yet.