44 Redhawk with barrel scallops for scope

Lost Sheep

I have wanted to have a 44 Redhawk with telescopic sight that does not overhang the hammer and finally found one on an auction site for about $520 with no scope, but having scope rings and the scallops for mounting the rings on the top rib of the barrel.

Is that a good price?

Any advice you can give me is appreciated.

This is a Redhawk, not Super Redhawk.

Lost Sheep

1chig

Is it a new gun, regardless its not a bad price o dont think. Im assuming its a 7.5in barrel. They are fine shooters but heavy, especially with a scope.

Lost Sheep

Not new. It does have the interchangeable front sights, so it not the very early production. It also has rubber grips, but I don't know if they are factory or not.

I do have a couple of Redhawks, 5.5" and 7.5" and Super Redhawk in 7.5", so know a little about them. The weight does not bother me.

Lost Sheep

skidder

Congratulations!
Sounds like a good deal. Even better that it came with the rings.... they ain't cheap.

Webleymkv

The only Redhawks which come from the factory with rubber grips are the 4" barrel models which lack scope rings and scallops. As such, the grips on the Redhawk you're looking at are almost certainly aftermarket.

Rifleman1776

Agree with others. Regardless, it will be a very satisfactory gun. I love my R'hawk.
But, your choice of scopes will be limited with factory rings. Most scopes will work only with high rings. I found some on Ebay by NC Star very reasonably priced.

Viper225

In my area that would be a Steal at $520.
A RedHawk Hunter should make you a very good handgun.
I am running a 30mm UltraDot on my 480 Super Redhawk. That is as good as it gets for a Woods Deer Hunting revolver.

Enjoy

Bob

Lost Sheep