.44 mag pocket gun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANIS

Despite what everyone has to say about derringers, my little Bond Arms .44 mag can put every round in the center of a silhouette target at 7 yards with ease. I can't imagine a higher powered weapon in a gun that you can still carry in a pocket.

With practice, it can put a round on target as fast as any other pocket pistol.
In my front pocket, I can have my hand on my gun and ready to draw if the need arises. As a "mugger suprise" I would much rather put a .44 mag 240 gr. JSP in their chest than a .32 or 9mm.

No the gun for a protracted gun fight, but then again, no handgun is.

I have owned P32s, Guardian .32s, NAa minis, Beretta Tomcats, 642s, Kars and everything else. Other than the 642 (which is larger and more bulky in a pocket) non of them have been as reliable as my little mousecanon in my experience.

I know a bunch of you don't like derringers, but I think the BOND is a step above the others and a valid choice for a pocket gun instead of the little poppers.

300 rounds thorugh this little gun and love it!

CANIS

Attachments

• P1070007.JPG
    P1070007.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 570
  • P1070009.JPG
    P1070009.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 428

2002gti

i wouldn't mind having one of those but i live in california and they aint approved. ill have to stick with my naa .22 mag, p32, or my pm9 by default.

CANIS

5" long and maybe an inch wide or so? Not sure how big a Kahr is. Might be simialr in size. All I know is that I don't have to worry about magazines, failure to fire drills, ammo sensitivity, etc...

canis

Doerdie

At 7 yards and a derringer I would think a .410 would serve better for self-defense, with less recoil. I can't imagine trying to hang onto that thing well enough for a good follow up shot.

CANIS

.410 shells actually don't get up as much steam from such a short barrel. they would still cause a lot of hurt though.

I suppose I am just not recoil sensitive since I don't mind the kick at all.

I agree that a 642 would serve well in a pocket. For me, the derringer is just that much easier to carry since it is 1 1/2" shorter.

CANIS

Doerdie

My Blackhawk delivers enough pain in a full size handgun. I think if shooting a .44 derringer I would have to duck while shooting so it didn't recoil into my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.