.44 mag Garrett Cartridges

Peter Gun

Has anybody shot these? They sound pretty cool, but i'm wondering how hot the recoil is, especially the .44+P. Thanks for your feedback.

dairycreek

They are pretty hot!

All the Garrett stuff is pretty hot! I have shot the plus P's in my Ruger Redhawk and it will snap your wrist smartly. Sound is fierce. Follow Garrett's directions as to which gun you can use to shoot which Garrett 44 mags. Good shooting:)

whiskey

They are HOT! If you have a short barreled gun, then I suggest you avoid them unless you NEED heavy bullets with deep penatration (i.e. on dangerous game) If you have atleast 7.5 inches of barrel you can probably handle them with a practice.

Peter Gun

Dangerous game was exactly my thoughts. It looks llike these loads might give a reasonable chance of putting down a bear w/ .44 mag. I have a .44 SRH w/7.5 "bbl so the gun can handle it but i'm not sure about me handling the +P .44. I've shot the corbon hunting loads but it looks like the +P that are for the SRH only might have as much as 20% more recoil! Don't want to spend $65 on these and not be able to hit anything. Thanks for all your input. I think I'll order some and try them out. I'll post a range report when I do. :cool: