.44 Charter arm 2.5 holster

egor20

I'm going to be given a .44 special, 2.5 inch Charter Arms (Bulldog) for a gift (helped delivered a foal) and I'm looking for a leather OWB holster. I normally carry at a 4:30 position, but might be interested in a crossdraw at 2:30.

Please only people that carry the Bulldog in leather OWB

Thank you.

ClydeFrog

Good sources for leather snub .44spl holsters...

Depending on your time, budget, style choices etc, you can get decent revolver holsters from these brands;
Mernickle(check spelling), Galco, Bianchi-intl, Don Hume, Tex Shoemaker, Alessi, DeSantis, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Kramer Leather, Kirkpatrick Gunleather, El Paso Saddlery, Ken Null.
Milt Sparks markets a great strongside/crossdraw design called the 55BN.
It might be available for the 2.5" barrel Bulldog .44spl.

drail

Have been lugging Charter Bulldogs daily for many years. They're so light you can literally forget you have it on your belt. Most holsters made for a S&W K frame snub or a Colt Detective Spl. will retain a Bulldog very well. I have used 4:30 and crossdraw positions and like them both. They're are tons of leather holsters out there that should work. I find most of mine at gunshows.

egor20

Thank you Clyde and drail for the inputs. I'll probably look at a Triple K crossdraw for a S&W K frame from The Cowboy and Shooters Supply, LLC , I'll give Sue and Bill a call tomorrow.