4350 substitute

Red_Eagle

I've been using IMR 4350 in my 280 AI and 30-06, but it's not to be found in west Texas / east New Mexico, nor is AA-4350 or H-4350. What is the alternatives? I need something that behaves similar.

azar92

Reloder 19 and Ramshot Hunter should be in the same relative burn rate. Obviously, you'll need to work up a new load from the start charge no matter what new powder you switch to.

briandg

reloader 19 in a 243 did not work even remotely as well as 4350, for what that is worth. accuracy went from 1 to over 2 moa

Zak Smith

If you have been using H4350, try Alliant Reloder-17. The loads are not interchangeable but we have been getting excellent results with RL17: more velocity less pressure equivalent accuracy.

crimsondave

Burn rate on RL 17 is VERY close to IMR 4350. H4350 is the only thing closer that I'm aware of and you say you can't get that either.

Funny, IMR 4350 has been readily available in south alabama for some time.

Red_Eagle

I'll see if I can lay my hands on some RL-17. I seem to recall seeing some.

Funny, IMR 4350 has been readily available in south alabama for some time.

I have not seen any of the 4350's since I've been here. Varget and 748 are also very hard to find.

You might want to take a look at H4831SC. That works real well out of my 280 rem. As other have said, the Reloader 19 would be close too.

crimsondave

I have not seen any of the 4350's since I've been here. Varget and 748 are also very hard to find.

Wow, that would suck. I use more IMR 4350 and Varget than anything. Have you thought about trying online? If you know some people who need powder as well, you can make one big order split the hazmat fee. They'll ship up to so much weight (can't remember what weight) on one hazmat fee.