.41 Magnum Dreams

Nightcrawler

Okay, who do you wish would make what chambered for the .41 Magnum round?

Here are a few things I'd like to see:

-I wish Winchester or Marlin would make a lever carbine in .41 Magnum.

-I wish Ruger would make a stainless, 5.5" Vaquero on .41 Magnum.

-I wish Taurus would make a 6-shot full sized .41 Magnum with 4", 6", and 8" barrels.

-I wish Ruger would make a Redhawk in .41 Magnum.

mdlowry

I wish Winchester or Marlin would make a lever carbine in .41 Magnum.
Got one. Marlin 1894s. There was also a run of 1,000 for Davidson's 1894ccl. They can still occationally be found, but they're not cheap. :(
I wish Ruger would make a Redhawk in .41 Magnum.
Got one of these too. Ruger made them in 7.5" and 5.5". I've seen more of the 7.5" for sale though. IIRC, someone said they stopped making them in 91.
I wish Taurus would make a 6-shot full sized .41 Magnum with 4", 6", and 8" barrels.
Someone posted a while back about Taurus making the Raging Bull in .41 mag. I'm not sure if this would be 5 or 6 shot, but hopefully it will be 6. Should be plenty of room for that cylinder on the Raging Bull frame.

I believe Ruger still offers the Blackhawk in .41 magnum. I belive these are only offered in blue though.

Next on my list is the Dan Wesson.

mdlowry

Sam, I've never heard of a Coonan in .41 magnum. I've been looking at the revolvers though. Do you know if they ever made these? Looks like I've got something else to add to my list. Thanks Sam for helping me to spend my money. :p

Nightcrawler

You can get Desert Eagles in .41 Magnum from CDNN for like $649. They're the older Mk VII models, but I believe that Magnum Research still supports these with parts and sevice. Plus, I suspect they're a good platform for trying out really hot .41 loads...

C.R.Sam

Mdlowry..........they made em from 97-99. Not many.

Expect to pay over seven hundred for a decent one.

Sam, love to spend other folk's money.:D

caz223

.41 dreams

A ruger Vaquero sheriff ssg stainless 2 3/4 inch barrel with bird's head grip. :)

Just like the 45lc that I already have.

Kobra

I believe I was the one that reported the Raging Bull was seeing at the SHOT show in .41 Mag. The picture I saw made it look like it had a 8" barrel on it. I keep checking the magazines and websites looking for some mention of it....none so far.

bpos_reo

Dreams to reality!

Here is an opportunity to realize your dream! I currently have a Ruger .41 magnum Redhawk 7 1/2 satin stainless double action revolver that I am looking to trade or sell. Produced from 1984 to 1991 then discontinued. Approx. 1 to 2 boxes of ammo fired in lifetime. Rosewood handles. Still have half a box of shells left also!
Would be interested possibly in a S/W .357 revolver, and cash!

shield20

Bought a new marlin .41 lever action last fall - jamamatic. When i went to return it, they had a LNIB unfired blue 5.5 Redhawk in .41. Had to do something with the ammo I had just gotten, so I took that home instead. Nice piece. A Desert eagle would be sweet - would love to get one of those!

Ben Shepherd

Guys- KNOCK IT OFF!!!! This is a "cult" caliber, and we don't need more members.:p

Seriously though I wish a major ammo manufacturer would market other weights than 210 for heavens sake!!!

bpos reo: Check your PM's.

Last edited:

rnovi

Here's a second to Webley...

A GP100 5-shot .41 mag. with a 6" bbl.

I'd put a deposit on one the moment that Ruger announced it.

MADISON

.41 Magnum dreams

At this time, with the 10mm and the 40S&W taking over the .41 Magnum's spot, We are begenning to have am AMMO. shortage. There doesn't seem to be any 50 round boxes available, much less the old police load.

Ruger made a 5,000 run on Redhawks. My wife talked me out of geting one.
S&W only made a 6 inch in 2005.

Majic

At this time, with the 10mm and the 40S&W taking over the .41 Magnum's spot, We are begenning to have am AMMO. shortage.
Last few times I looked at the ammo shelves around me there is still the same amount of .41 magnum loads available. Neither the 10mm or the .40S&W occupied the role of the .41 magnum so how did they take over?
Bought a new marlin .41 lever action last fall - jamamatic.
What type of bullet did you use? I've seen Marlins that didn't care for the SWC.

tulsamal

I would like to see Ruger legitimize the .41 Special wildcat. They could get with Hornady and introduce it as the .41 Ruger Special and sell it as the perfect caliber for Cowboy shooting. It would be great in the new smaller Vaquero or in the .357 size flattop. They could make the GP-100 in the caliber as well with no problems. Then we could start working on S&W to make something like the M696 but in .41 Special. That would be a sweet gun.

Gregg

BillCA

I'll play (Photos)

Okay, I'll play on this one, since the .41 Mag is my favorite caliber.

Marlin 1894FG - .41 Magnum lever gun - got one. It's a shooter. See pic below.

Bullet weights? There are commercial loads from 170 to 265 grains. Favorites include the Winchester Silvertip 175gr and the Speer Gold Dot JHP. If you want something like the older 210gr LSWC "Police" load you have to roll 'em yourself as it seems the ammo makers are concentrating on hunting or personal defense loads.

50-round boxes of ammo? See PMC's .41 Mag selection. Their JHP's are a laugh so I used the FMJ/TMC ammo for practice fodder.

What would I like to see built?
Resurrect the S&W Model 58 - fixed sights, 4" bull barrel. Or make it in stainless and call it the Model 658. An optional 6" bull barrel would be cool too.

How about an L-Frame .41 Mag 5-shooter like the S&W 696? With a 3" barrel it could be a great woods gun or carry piece. Some would say an "Airweight" or Titanium gun would work here too (like the new Model 357 Ti .41 mag).

Photo Time:
M57M1894_2.jpg

Marlin 1894FG, .41 Magnum with companion S&W Model 57 .41 Magnum.

22-rimfire

Wish a major ammunition manufacturer would start loading a lower powered 41 magnum round in 50 round boxes. Maybe CCI could start loading some of their cheap ammo in 41 mag?