40cal 1911's

vostracker

Besides Kimber, who else is making 1911 Govt. models in 40caliber, or at least 40cal. upper recievers? I picked up some 357Sig barrel's and think I may convert a 40 to 357Sig!!

IdahoG36

STI, Wilson Combat, Springfield, Ed Brown, Para Ordnance, Les Baer, and I believe Colt made one at one time.

IdahoG36

I forgot to add this, but I don't know if any of them will feed factory .40 S&W ammo. Don't quote me on this, but I believe the overall length of the cartridge has to be 1.350", or somewhere around there. The reason I bring this up is that you almost have to reload to get them that length. That may also apply to the 357 Sig.
I could be completely wrong, but just something to consider.

9x19

I had a Springfield (old mil-spec model, not current versions) and a Kimber CDP, both full-size and they both fed factory ammo fine. The Springfield didn't care for certain JHPs, but the Kimber ran fine with everything I tried.

Hunter0924

Let's not get tailgunner started on his Colt collection.:D
I was proud of mine until I saw his, now I am still jealous (and trying to catch up).
I did find one of the GCNMs in .40 S&W a couple of years ago.
Excellent pistol.

NGIB

I have a Para P16 and it's a tremendous shooter. While not technically a 1911 as it's a double stack, it works with all my 1911 holsters, etc...