400 Corbon

Joe Portale

I'm build the wife a Commander style pistol for an putting up with me for this many years present (AKA anniversary (present). I want a real kick 'em good round. I like what I see on the 400 Corbon. She handles my 1911's in 45 very well, so she can handle this guy.

ANy comments on this caliber?

croyance

IIRC it is redundant to the 10 mm.

Now the .40 Super from Trident caught my attention. If only it became popular. Production guns and Cor-bon's +p loadings would be fun.

WESHOOT2

I LIKE IT!

Very accurate, best in 135/155g loadings.

Still never found those cases............

And remember, you should also have a 45ACP barrel fit; NO other mods required.

Joe Portale

In case you guys were wondering...

Have: Frame (Caspian) Ed Brown Matched hammer, trigger, sear, disconnector, all the pins, beaver tail safety and springs.

Need to pickup: slide, firing pin, thumb safety, slide stop, sights (probably low mount MMC adjustables or Triticons) barrel (not sure by whom yet), and a few other odds and ends. I am thinking of having the gun finished in that silver/nickle colored RoGard. I have made the panel grips already out of Purpleheart (purple is her favorite color). I think this bad boy will be one slick puppy when it's done.

The nice thing is that if she doesn't like it, she will just give to me to use. :D The downside is if she does like it, I'll never be allowed to touch it again. :cool: Don't you love a win-win?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
You do realize how tough it's going to be to hand over such a tasty custom once you're finished? ;)

jtduncan

400 Corbon just never caught on enough for a gun manufacturer to make a gun around the caliber.

But if you wnat more umffff, look at the 40Super.

WESHOOT2

NEED

Slide: Caspian.

Parts: Ed Brown, EGW, Nowlin.

Barrel: here I will allow no discussion; send gun to Bar-Sto for hard-fit barrel and bushing.

Sights: rear - MMC; front - Ashley medium-dot, Heinie serrated ramp, Caspian optic-rod ('melt' required for carry), or your personal preference.

Magazines: Ed Brown.

Finish: NP3 (no lube required).

If not 400, then 45ACP...

CastleBravo

If you are building from scratch you might as well go with 10mm, since brass is alot more readily available and the potential performance is higher than .400 Cor-Bon, especially with heavier bullets. And if you want a dual-caliber gun you can always make it 10mm/.40 S&W.