.40 SWC bullets

recon14

I found some that produces 155 gr SWC for the 40. My question is...has anyone shot a SWC out of an auto and what were the issues if any? I would think they might jam bad because of feed issues but I wanted to ask..

Sevens

That was what I found. It seems to me (willing to be corrected if someone has a counter argument) that the .40 Smith & Wesson is a very modern cartridge design. This round was literally birthed in the very early 1990s and it was designed around a modern semi-auto pistol bullet shape. Whereas 9mm and .45 have been around for 100+ years, the .40 S&W has been around 20+ years.

I ran a handful of 175 grain commercially cast LSWC through my Glock 29 (with KKM .40 cal conversion barrel) and I found that they were -HIGHLY- accurate but only fed about 90-95% of the time. In my opinion, they didn't run as well as I wanted. As my "supply" of those particular bullets was extremely old stock and I don't have a huge load of them, I was simply happy to chalk it up as an experiment that I do not intend to repeat.

My next work with cast lead in the .40 S&W is going to be with these 180 grain Dardas LTC's that I bought. Dardas makes fantastic commercial cast bullets and I love 'em. They are my first choice in commercial cast. I choose not to cast myself.

http://www.dardascastbullets.com/

oldpapps

I must be very lucky.

I load and shoot 155g and 140g SWC in .40 S&W and have never had any problems in or is that out of half a dozen different auto loaders.

Enjoy,

OSOK

P.S. only one of the above listed weapons was a glock.