40 S&W ammo question?

bluedog

Handgun is a S&W M&P standard in 40 S&W caliber. I am thinking about buying some CCI Blazer in 40 S&W w/ 180 grain bullet and the aluminum case. Any experience with the CCI aluminum in this offering? How about shooting aluminum case ammo in the M&P?

NGIB

I've shot a bunch of CCI aluminum in 9mm, .40, & .45 in all my guns with no problems. Don't have an M&P though so no experience. I have Sigs, Kahrs, 1911s, and Berettas and have had no problems. Actually the only typical problem I've read about is from CZ owners...

JBriggs

Never had many problems with the Blazer ammo, but I would not want to carry it for self-defense. (My H&K P2000 does not like it at all)

The only problem I encounter regularly is that all of the powder does not burn. After shooting all afternoon, I can see unburnt powder in front of my shooting station.

All else aside, it is good practice and plinking ammo

pogo2

No problems here

I have used quite a bit of 180 grain .40 caliber CCI Blazer with aluminum case in 3 different guns with no problems. The guns are a Glock 23, an H&K USP 40c, and a Sig P229.

If you are not reloading the aluminum case makes a lot of sense, and usually saves some money.

JerryS1

I've never had a problem with blazer brass, only had problems with blazer aluminum in my cz....the aluminum is so light that my cz75b occasionally bounces it off the ejection port causing it to stovepipe. It's great range ammo in everything else I've shot though.

Jerry

B.N.Real

Anyone use these aluminums in a Taurus 40 S&W pistol?

I just bought a beauty stainless PT101 and I am thinking of using these because of the price.

Hey,and as a sidenote,what shoots better for you in this caliber?

The 165 grain or 180 grain bullet in Blazer rounds?

B.N.Real

Happygunner,very true,that is the only real way to know for sure.

I'm not a reloader so the aluminum cases,if they drop the price,make sense for me.

I'd try to use Wolf ammo but I'm a little leery of it.

And with the 40 S&W round,I'm not a big fan of reloaded cartridges unless I do the reloading myself.

AND-another question as well about the 40 S&W round-what is the MILDEST commercial load you've found to shoot through your handguns?

bluedog,thanks for starting this thread,as you can see those of us like you that are starting our experience with this cartridge need the info.