40 cal guns to not reload for?

KMAX

Are there any 40 cal. guns that should not use reloads? I have heard about Glocks in the past due to lack of support and feed ramp design. Is this still the case? More specifically, what about the M&P 40 and the FNX40? Any issues with those two and reloads? A friend asked me and I don't want to steer him wrong. Thanks.

jepp2

Most manufacturers will tell you not to shoot reloads and it will void the warranty on your pistol. Now that we have that out of the way.

All 40's can be reloaded for. Those with polygonal rifling have mixed opinions regarding the use of lead bullets. If you do decide to load lead for use in these barrels, pay attention to lead build up.

Limiting the peak pressure, no matter what you shoot, is important. So even if you have a pistol lacking chamber support, it can be safely loaded for.

JD0x0

Any .40 cal gun CAN use reloads. It may void he warrantee but there's nothing stopping you from tailoring a SAFE load for your gun. Of course if you load cartridges above the weapon's intended use, you could be asking for trouble. But there's no rule that says a reload has to be 'hot.' If you do your research, you should have no problems.

KMAX

I suppose that I was asking about issues such as that known as "Glocking", or feed issues, etc. And are there any guns that are more forgiving on reload precision such as OAL. Thanks.

David Bachelder

WESHOOT2 couldn't be more accurate. Spot on.

Are some pistols more forgiving than others?
I don't know. I have only owned a Glock, and it appears to be very forgiving. I shoot reloads out of it a lot.

bledsoeG19

Glocking

On the topic of glocking...
I have a G23 that I have reloaded hundreds of rounds for. The chamber of the factory barrel is a little loose which causes the case to have a very slight bulge. My G19 does the exact same thing. This slightly loose tolerance is one of many reasons that glocks run in bad conditions. There is nothing wrong with reloading the brass. It's not hurt at all.