4 very different autos, which one to buy?

AndABeer

I've got the itch in spades. Along with a .22 revolver I plan to buy one of the 4 pistols tomorrow:

1. NIB Glock 21 with Trijis $670
2. NIB Beretta 92D with nights $479
3. NIB Colt 1991A1 .45 $474
4. NIB Colt 1991A1 .38 Super $599

1. Already have one G21 but I tricked it out with comp barrel and Optima. Kinda want a stock one.

2. Already have a Border Marshal 92 but I really prefer the lines on the original 92 slide.

3. Have several 1911s but no Colts presently. Actually swore I'd never own another Colt but it might be nice to have a stock 1911 on hand (no beavertail, no extended safety, basic, simple)

4. Curious about the .38 Super and might toy with 9x23 and 9mm barrels.

Whatcha guys/gals think? Leaning to the Beretta at the moment.

9x19

Glock,

Consistent trigger pull, easy to adjust the action to your tastes, and very lightweight for it's caliber and capacity.

VictorLouis

Well, if you want to try out a DAO, the Beretta certainly has the best action of any of the service size guns. My next pick would be one of the 1991s. You do raise a point about the Super and 9x23. That would be a fun experimentation. However, I don't think anyone can maintain a 'stock' 1911 that is neither heirloom nor collectable.:)

P

PreserveFreedom

Why, the Glock, of course! You can never have too many of those.

Walt Sherrill

The Colt in .45...

I tried one, the other afternoon, fresh out of the box.

I was plesantly suprised by the crispness of the trigger and its accuracy. It was far better, on both counts, than I had expected, given Colt's reputation, in recent years, for turning out junk.

If the one I shot was typical, you could do a lot worse.

Ronin 99

The 1911 is my favorite design and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't have a Colt. Don't shoot it much (a Series 70 Gold Cup) for various reasons but I treasure it just the same.
Ronin

AndABeer

Went with the Beretta.

The Colt's were just fit so sloppily and the triggers were excrement as compared to my other 1911s.

The Glock was nice enough, but the Beretta with it's glassy true DAO trigger was too nice to pass up. It'll be great for building the muscles in my trigger finger up, dry firing and live fire.

Thanks to all who responded.