#4 harris bipod adapter to stabilize barrel

dgang

Have any forum members tried to stabilize a Mini 30's barrel with a Harris #4 bipod adapter? If clamped on the barrel and mounted tight to the gas block it would seem it should strengthen 3" of barrel and help prevent barrel flip.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance, dang.

Shadow9mm

the barrel is going to flip no matter what. All you will end up doing is changing the over all harmonics of the barrel. it may help accuracy, it may not. I would guess that mounting something to the barrel that is touching the ground would give you poor accuracy as, based on the pressure on the bipod, or what the bipod is resting on, would cause variations in the harmonics.

I have seen harmonic stabilizers for the mini 14/30 similar to these but they are a little spendy.
https://sunfloweroutdoorsports.com/Mo-Rod-55-Stabilizer-for-Mini-30-68-Tapered-Barrel-2005-MR5-TP30.htm

dgang

Thanks for the input. I've seen the Sunflower web site and have read mixed reviews, trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Pahoo

If right-handed, Grab the right-foot of the pod w/left hand??

the barrel is going to flip no matter what.
That goes whiteout saying. Sometime ago, observed a US Marine sniper, using a bipod similar to a Harris. He had the feet resting on some sandbags and shooting right handed. He "firmly" held the bottom right foot of the bipod. AT first I thought it looked awkward but once I tried it, it did reduce the jump along with other "sfuff" that is how I shoot when using a bipod..... ;)

Be Safe !!!!

Shadow9mm

That goes whiteout saying. Sometime ago, observed a US Marine sniper, using a bipod similar to a Harris. He had the feet resting on some sandbags and shooting right handed. He "firmly" held the bottom right foot of the bipod. AT first I thought it looked awkward but once I tried it, it did reduce the jump along with other "sfuff" that is how I shoot when using a bipod..... ;)

Be Safe !!!!
But I bet that bipod was not mounted directly to the barrel.