4 5/8 Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 m

I'd like to know what a Ruger Super Black, 44 magnum with a barrel shortened to 4 5/8 inches is worth. It has been dish crowned, it's forcing cone has been recut, it has been Magna Ported. Magna Port has also done an action job.

Semper Fil

Gunnery sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

Last edited:

GeauxTide

When I was looking at the same conversion a few years ago, the cut, crown, and MP was in the 250 range. A good to excellent NRA SBH with no mods would be worth 400-500.

dave in maine

not sure of the value, but mine is called the preditor and i consider it priceless.
it's etched on the side of the barrel and it's stainless steel. hope this helps.
dave

teumessian_fox

In my opinion, the aftermarket work adds nothing to the value of the weapon. I wouldn't pay any more for it than any other used Ruger SBH.

I was never fond of magnaporting. Maybe in the case of rapid double action work, I could see it. But not for a single action.

But that's just me.

PetahW

The value would depend upon if the gun is one that Magn-A-Port simply did some work one for a customer, OR is one of the Magn-A-Port Specialty production custom pistols, like the Predator or Mark V (there were several different models/names).

If you check only sold/closed gun auctions for the Predators, etc, you should soon see they're more valuable by a factor of 10.

45long

I was never fond of magnaporting. Maybe in the case of rapid double action work, I could see it. But not for a single action.

But that's just me.

Me too but for a different reason.. Shoot a ported pistol w/o ear plugs. Not fun if you are planning to hunt with this gun.