3953 S&W Questions.....help.

Eric Larsen

I just dropped by a local smith's place and he has a LNIB never been fired 3953 S&W..with nights on it. He wants 299$ for it and my dilema is I know nothing about this gun. Its a 3rd gen smith auto and is very thin and light. Without the agreement comments, I have heard them and read it, has anyone owned or fired this gun.....Is it a great deal? Just a good deal? Should I steal and beg to get it?....thanks for the help

croyance

I can't give you a direct answer, but can tell you what I remember from posts.

The S&W 39 series seem to be great at digesting any ammunition that is fed through it. Accuracy seems marginal at best. Many have noted that the trigger mechanism is overly complicated.

Captain

We have a 3953 as well as the 3913. It's a great pistol! It feeds everything and is very accurate. I dont believe we've ever had a malfunction with either and we shoot them quite a bit. They each have about 10,000 rds thru them. Great for carry due to their size and weight. All we did to them was install nite sights on them both! I think the price is really good. I've seen them in shops for $450!

Eric Larsen

Thanks for all of the help....the mag follower hasnt had a round in it and the feed ramp is the same.....very very very tempting....hmmm. Shoot well

Last edited: