.380 Makarov mag

glassguy

I have just acquired what I believe to be a mag for a .380 Makarov. Any Idea how much this is worth, and where should I list it for sale? Thanx, G

lee n. field

$20-ish, if it's a milsurp single stack, last time I looked. More if it's double stack. Less if it was made by Promag.

(Long gone are the days of sub-$10 East German Mak magazines.)

carguychris

IIRC .380ACP/9x17 and 9x18 mags for Maks are basically identical and completely interchangeable.

Re: where to sell it, there's always the TFL forum classified ads or Gunbroker. If the magazine is a standard single-stack or "post-ban" 10rd double-stack, it can be listed on Fleabay. Only the 12rd "pre-ban" double-stack mags are over the eBay 10rd limit; these are the rarest and most valuable Mak mags, as the importers do not seem to have sold many spares.

BrittB

If it's a mag for a FEG Pa-63, it could be worth $40-$45. That's what they are selling for on eBay.

carguychris

If it's a mag for a FEG Pa-63...
Based on the fact that the OP says it's a .380, my assumption is that it's a mag for a Russian commercial Makarov, most likely a Baikal IJ-70-17A (single-stack) or -17AH (double-stack).

Glassguy: Clarification?

BrittB

I will say that as little as a couple months ago I could have bought them for $25 each but for some reason people are paying crazy prices for them. Glassguy needs to do some serious homework to know exactly what he has and current prices as well.

glassguy

Actually, I have solved my problem, I bought a Makarov that fits the magazine. What a good excuse to acquire more heat. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. thanks to all who replied, G

qwiksdraw

Actually, I have solved my problem, I bought a Makarov that fits the magazine. What a good excuse to acquire more heat. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. thanks to all who replied, G

Hmm,I like your logic: find a magazine, buy another gun. I found a .40 cal bullet last week at the range, since I don't have a .40 cal gun I now have a good excuse to buy another gun.:D

Hey, you're going to enjoy that Mak. I could not get over how accurate the gun is when I first shot with it. It has become my in-the-truck gun for those times when I can't carry.