380 ammo?

dairycreek

Just became the owner of a new CZ 83. Nice shooting gun. Any good suggestions for a good 380 ACP ammo - particularly for concealed carry? Any and all suggestions welcome.

johnwill

My .380 carry ammo in my Colt Mustang Pocketlite is Golden Saber, it has worked well for me.

I'd pick up a few boxes of various brands and see what brand shoots best in the gun. IMO, you'll be well served with any quality defensive ammo, pick the stuff that shoots reliably in your gun.

Dave R

I also use the 102gr. Remington Golden Sabre. Its the most accurate load for my pistol, and has shown good "terminal ballistics" in testing.

Tomas

Wow, we should start a CZ-83 forum, I had no idea any one owned one but me.

I also use the Rem GS 102 gr. Strange, but this load performed better than the .45 185gr standard loading when I shot them into saturated phone books. The .45 opened to about .52, and shedded the jacket in the first book, shooting the core through four books and into my wood at the bottom of the garbage can for every shot (3). (FYI-4 SATURATED Honolulu Yellow pages, about 5 in thick each - soaked.) The little .380 expanded to .60 on average (.59, .59, .62), penetrated one book, and kept it's jacket every shot (3). the 230gr GS performed very well, as did the 185gr .45+p.

Tom