.38 ACP ammo?

Scaramanga

Hi guys! My father is buying a Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammer in .38 acp. Any idea where he can buy ammo for this pistol?

Thanks in advance!

WIL TERRY

This ammo is pretty well out of print. I do see

it at guns shows quite often though, mostly Winchester or Western ammunition. Check out Fiocchi too as they make a lot of old stuff.
NOW YOU LISTEN TO THIS: BE SURE AND GET THIS PISTOL CHECKED OUT THOROUGHLY BY A PISTOLSMITH WHO REALLY KNOWS HIS PUNKINS AS THESE PISTOLS WERE KNOWN TO DEVELOPE CRACKS IN THE SLIDES, UNLOCKING LINKS, AND AROUND THE EJECTION PORT.
I hope it turns out as cool as a pal of mine's 38ACP pistol.

ballistic

Wow, you're going to actually *shoot* that? Looks like a pretty neat antique. I'd be afraid to run any ammo through it.

Scaramanga

I'm not sure if he's going to shoot it, so maybe I got a little ahead of myself regarding the ammo. Maybe once or twice, then it will be for just lookin' at.

Scaramanga

He does really good work. My father has had a Colt Gold Cup (bright stainless, never been fired) and a Ruger Bisley-Vaquero engraved a few months ago, and they look sweet. The nutball also bought this Ruger Vaquero. He's out of control.

CZ Gunner

I subscribe to the general rule that
"all guns are shooters", however,
every rule is made to be broken.
If everything is original, I'd oil her
up and put her away ... GREAT PIECE!

Jim Watson

That one is worth writing to Colt and requesting a "Factory Letter" to see where it went and if the engraving is factory work. They charge for them, but a letter will add value to a nice gun like that.

BigG

Guys, after I stopped drooling on the cool pix :eek: I read the blurb below. It says it was engraved after the original Colt style and finished in the old fashioned blue by a modern guy named Michael Grouse. :D

Ah. I missed that.

The guy does a good recreation of a Colt factory engraving job.

A job like that from Colt can easily double or triple the price of the gun.

Scaramanga

Sorry it took so long to answer Mike. BigG answered correctly, which is why I figured it wasn't worth a bunch of money. Look's neat, though.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Shooting should be no problem with .38ACP factory or equivalent reloads. Needless to say, avoid .38 Super, which is the cause of most of the cracking problems mentioned.

The quote from Gandhi sounds fine, but he could have exercised his "indomitable will" only under the relatively benevolent (and badly outnumbered) British. Under Hitler or Stalin or Mao, he would have been road kill.

Jim

"Ghandi would have been roadkill under Stalin or Hitler..."

Wow does that bring back memories of a class in college on the applications of nonviolence.

Some stupid little flowerchild wannabe insisted, no matter what, that nonviolence would have solved the Hitler problem...

Yow.