357 sig ammo

WARRIOR I

Anyone happen to know whats going on with 357 SIG ammo supplies
and pricing ? I'm seeing fewer manfacturers and much higher prices
everywhere lately. In fact, it seems to be the highest priced pistol
ammunition on the market right now.

Last edited:

benzuncle

WARRIOR, 2 words - Georgia-Arms. Good prices and very good ammo. 1300fps for the 125gr FMJ's. I bought the 500 round "Canned Heat" when I first bought my SIG P239/357SIG because I had used some of their other ammo before and was familiar with their quality.

AK103K

Everything has gone up, and up by a good bit too. If you havent bought in awhile, its pretty much a shocker. Last time I bought 357SIG, it was going for $269/1000 (glad I bought a bunch too), now its up to $399/1000. Its still a good bit cheaper than buying .45acp though, thats around $599/1000.

Now that 357SIG is up in price, the cost of reloading it doesnt seem all that bad.

dabigguns357

i buy all my range ammo from Georgia-Arms,but i don't don't like the uni-core hp's they use in their s/d ammo,so i still buy premium Winchester ranger t's for s/d-h/d in my 229 sig.It is by far the best i have used yet.

drrpg01

Around here (Texas) 357 sig ammo is about the same price as 40 S&W. You can hardly find 357 sig anywhere though, and there are not a lot of manufacturers who offer loadings in that caliber. Frankly, while I like it, it's just not a terribly popular caliber. I had to special order my M&P 357 because not a single dealer in town had any 357 sig pistol stocked whatsoever. 9mm+p is no easier to find on the store shelves. 40 S&W is everywhere, so a good caliber to own right now.

AK103K

One big advantage to the 357SIG is, it can usually be a .40 with just the swap of a barrel (and vice versa).

Other than the recent mess, which affected pretty much all calibers, ammo has pretty much always been readily available online. Even Walmart seemed to have a pretty good supply, and when their shelves were bare of everything else, they always had a couple of boxes of 357SIG, or at least the stores around here always did.

Haifisch

My local Walmart has started selling .357 Sig (Winchester White Box)
I'm thinking about buying a .357 Sig barrel for my Glock 20SF.

WARRIOR I

Thanks everyone. As much ammo as I buy from Georgia Arms at the
gun shows I don't know why it didn't occur to me to check them out
online. As for switching to .40 S&W, yeah I got the extra barrels just
in case, but I don't think the .40 can touch the 357 SIG for accuracy.

AK103K

From the standpoint of bullseye accuracy, the 357SIG is probably the winner. Shooting a little more realistically, I doubt you'd notice.

I usually order my bulk ammo from Ammoman. If he has it listed, its in stock, and his prices include shipping, so theres no nasty surprises either way at checkout. He ships fast too.

DBAR

Start handloading, and you'll quit worrying about ammo prices. The only time you'll think about it, is when you compare how much per round your loading your handloads at. I'm loading 45 acp for about 10 or 12 cents a round, and it would cost me at least 40 cents a round if I was buying it from Wally world.

DBAR

t45

+1 for Georgia Arms. I dont have a 357 Sig but have shot a lot of their "Canned Heat" 230 FMJ 45ACP. No problems at all and a very good deal.

tincanhunter

+1 on reloading. I reload 357 Sig for around 15 cents a round using 124 gr Montana Gold HP's. If I can get a load worked up using lead 38 Super bullets from Missouri Bullet Company, the cost will drop to around 10 cents per round.

w_houle

for as long as I have been watching ammunition stock at Walmart and Orscheln there has been pretty much a guarantee that there witll be three things in stock: 10 Auto, .40 S&W, and .357 SIG..

Deaf Smith

Start handloading, and you'll quit worrying about ammo prices.

Amen.

I don't worry about .380 ACP ammo prices (and they are really HIGH!)

As for the .357 Sig, I see Gold Dots in stores now around here. Wal-Mart has FMJ Winchester.

But if you are smart, you will get a .40 barrel, if you can, for your .357 Sig and a .22 unit.

I've got AACK .22 Glock unit, 9mm Glock, .40S&W, and yep a .357 Sig. Plus I reload. Ammo shortages don't bother me!