357 mag molds for a 35 Rem. Reload data?

loademwell

I am planning on getting into lead this coming summer. I reload for the 25-06 (which looks like I would have swag if I want to make the bullet), 35 Rem (Hence the question), 9 mm which i am getting the mold now and the 44 mag. which is on order.

But I can't seem to find any info/data on reloading a load for the 35 rem using any 357 mold. I am planning on using this for deer hunting yet. Im leaning to the 158 grain RN. But I would love to see if I could get it with a HP. (have to do some looking for that mold). But wanted to make sure it was at least possible to shoot that bullet out of the gun?

Do I need a gas check?

Gdawgs

I have a Remington XP100 in 35 Rem and I've played around with this just a little bit. I used some 158 SWC loaded with Trail Boss powder in 35 Rem Brass. I was basically just seeing if I could make a cheap plinker load. They worked, but accuracy was pretty poor. They were nice soft shooters and my kids had fun shooting them. But I definitely wouldn't use that load for deer.

44 AMP

Staff
My old Lyman manual lists loads with Unique, 2400, and IMR 4227 4198 and 3031 for #358430 (150gr #2 alloy) and for #358315 (206gr #2 alloy) for the .35 Remington. These are Lyman/Ideal cast bullets for the .38/357.

it also says if you are using a barrel with shallow rifling to keep velocities below 1600fps or accuracy will suffer.

The same manual lists some cast bullet loads for the .257 Roberts, but does not list the .25-06 (any loads) because it was printed before the .25-06 got factory standardized.

reloader28

If your getting into lead boolits then pick up the Lyman cast bullet book.
Lots of loads including 25-06. I have two .257 molds.
Look at the RCBS 120gr.

I bought RN molds when I started and realized they are good for nothing but plinking. Get a good FN mold instead and you can use it for hunting/varminting/whatever.

Dr. A

There is plenty of data in the Lyman cast bullet manuals. I went through a period of wanting to use pistol bullets, and decided the way to get the most out of the gun is to buy a mould with full potential. The RCBS 200 gr. RN s superb for this gun. To cycle normally and deal with the rather short throat, this bullet is at its best. Soft air cooled wheel weights and this 200 grain slug will ramp this gun up nicely. Here is a hollow point version I just bought.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=356

There are several variations on this same theme. It is a custom mold, and these copies may not be available long. Incidentally, the hp is really not necessary for expansion.

35remington over on Marlinowners.com. has a great write up on bullets for the
35 . It's a great read you should read if you're going to reload for the 35 .

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/b...llet-performance-edited-sections-part-ii.html