351PD question

I've been looking for a 351PD for quite a while now. I finally found a used one at Cabela's today so I jumped on it.

My question is, when I took off the grips to clean it, the hammer spring was red. Does this mean it's an after market spring?

I haven't shot it yet, but I want it to be as reliable as I can get it, so I'd like to reinstall a factory one if it's not.

Thanks

Jim Watson

How droll.

The red spring is probably an extra strength factory spring needed to whack the rimfire hard enough for reliable ignition.

The gun was $589.99. More than I'd usually pay for a used gun but it is hard to find. I had a few gift cards so I only paid about $250 for it.

This gun is practically weightless and fit's all the J-frame holsters I already have. My main cary is a 642 with CT grips. This one will be just for summer pocket carry in gym shorts.

BOBA FETT

joking aside,they are good guns but new way too expensive for what they are...i have my taurus 22 mag snubbie and i love it...the 22 mag lcr is good too..

I still don't see it as too expensive. I can't think of anything lighter. At 10.8oz it's king of lightness. If you want extreme specs you have to pay for the technology.

The only thing better would be a Taurus View, but after all the press they still aren't in stores.

Obambulate

It's a nice package - 11-oz, 7 shots with the reliability of a revolver. I carry the 351C and like it a lot. I finally found some of the 40gr Gold Dots available, so I'll be getting more practice time in.

I'm sure the Taurus is quite nice at $400, but it's steel and weighs a lot more, so it's not really a straight comparison.