.338 Federal question

onlybrowning

Who is chambering the .338 Federal? As my name implies, I prefer Browning and they do not currently chamber it. Does anyone know if they will, or if any other comapnies are chambering it? Maybe I will have to get a .325WSM and load it really light to try to produce the same ballistics.

onlybrowning

Not a bad idea, but I already have the A Bolt sold that I would have used (.308)to convert so I would have to buy a new one, then have it done, and I doubt I could afford that. :(

onlybrowning

Well, That's an idea, but just not my style. Anyway, just out of curiosity what would it cost to convert an A Bolt? I have an uncle in Alaska, maybe he could bring it up next time he's here. Shipping would be cheaper I would think. Hmmmm...

boltgun71

I'm pretty sure Ruger is chambering at least of of there M77's in the .338 Fed. I believe its own of the new "Hawkeye" models.

onlybrowning

Thanks guys. Not a bad price either "wildbutnottoopriceyAlaska." Thanks for the info. Now if Browning would chamber this, or even Tikka...

onlybrowning

Hmmm. Tikka is about my second choice in a huntig rifle. Detachable mag, almost same safety location as my Brownings. But for that bolt lift? Geeez, you guys got me thinking now. Thanks for the links.

onlybrowning

Just looking at the Tikka rifles, does anyone know the degrees required for bolt lift? For example, Browning is 60 degrees. These rifles always seemed really nice, but I would like to know this specification.

"Just didn't have the money to Buy It Now!!"

Tell me about it. I even had the right of first refusal on it.

I really thought long and hard, but I had to opt out.