329$, fair price for a model 65LS?

blades67

I saw a S&W model 65 Lady Smith for 329$ the other day. Does this sound a bit high, or just about right. The gun is in good repair with only a turn line marring the finish on the cylinder. Does this sound like a great deal, or just okay?

bpisler

I think it's a fair price,i've seen them slightly lower and $50-60 higher.If it's what you want i'll jump on it.

chaim

If you decide not to go with it find out if the shop owner would do a transfer to MD for me would you? I'd love to have a pair. For here that is an incredible price (a local shop has a 99% newer model .357 S&W 60LS for $435 and a 95+% older model .38spl S&W 60LS for $365, I haven't seen a used 65LS but new they range from $489-$550 depending upon the shop). I paid $469 new for mine 8 months ago (now I wouldn't buy S&W new, then I wasn't on TFL and believed what I was told about the agreement being dead).

Last edited:

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Greeting's All,

Blades, my friend I believe that you have found a great
gun, in the Smith & Wesson model 65 LS at a "fair market"
price. As scarce as these things seem to be, you are at
the mercy of the seller. I would not hesitate to pay that
amount for that particular weapon.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Eric Larsen

I had a NIB 60LS for sale for $350 shipped or $375 with a Hume 715 IWB Holster...I was gonna take a loss...but decided to keep it. Im glad I did. Its a good price on a good gun.
Shoot well

VictorLouis

I think it's a great price.

When you consider that model is difficult enough to find new, let alone used, it's even better. If you like it, and it checks out, buy it.:)

blades67

I passed on this one. The prior owner didn't clean the gun before selling it so I couldn't tell what kind of condition the rifling and cylinder bores were in, there was no box (just a gun rug) or papers, enough end shake that a trip to a gunsmith would be in order to shim it and it appeared to have a small amount of flame cut in the top strap just above the barrel extension. (It may have just looked like that because it was dirty, but I wasn't willing to take the chance.)

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
10-04 there, good buddy!

Blades, I don't blame you the least bit. I would have done
the same extact thing; being the weapon was in that kind'a
condition. Perhaps one in better shape will come your way
soon?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member