325 winchester short mag users

Darth vader

Guys I own a winchester model 70 extreme weather ss in 325 short mag,primarily for hunting elk and moose how many other guys also find this caliber flat shooting and very accurate ,thanks Marc

Rob228

I've got a Kimber 8400 in .325 WSM and I love it. It shoots incredibly well for such a light rifle.

What are you using for ammo? I've just shot the different Winchester factory stuff (The 180 gr was the most accurate for me).
On an impulse I picked up 40 rounds of Double Tap 200 grain with Barnes TSX bullets but have not yet had a chance to take it for a test spin.

trooper3385

I've heard some good things about the cartridge, although I don't have any experience with it. I believe it was designed to be near the 338 balistics. It doesn't quite match up, but it's a close 2nd in a lighter, short action rifle. I would imagine it would make an excellent elk and moose cartridge.

Darth vader

winchester model 7o extreme weather ss

Rob, I am using winchester 220 grain power points,will probably get some 180 accubonds at a later date,Marc

Doodlebugger45

I have a .325 WSM in a Browning BLR and I like it a lot. The recoil is quite a bit less than a 338 Win Mag, but it still has good power and range. I reload for it because the factory ammo is too expensive to shoot very much. I bought one box of Winchester 220 gr for comparison purposes. It did OK. I tried some 170 gr Speer bullets and they didn't work well at all. The 195 gr Hornady spire point bullets have given me the best accuracy so far. Next up I will try some Nosler 200 gr Accubond bullets since it appears my rifle likes that weight range pretty well.

I like all the WSM calibers actually. There are plenty of other calibers which will do the job of course, but I like to be different. But I couldn't shoot them if I didn't reload for them.