325 TR Range report

Venom1956

Took my new 325 Thunder Ranch out sat to try out my new Altamont grips which were disappointing ( still to thin) and give the revolver a work out.

The gun shot great... until it didn't. After about 75 rounds my barrel shroud loosened up to the point where I can move it side to side by hand.:mad:

Looks like is a simple wrench fix like my DW revolvers barrel nut to tighten it down anyone have to do this also? I didn't see a wrench in the box but it could've got lost.

I am really striking out lately with my smiths:( I got a M&P 10 i need to send in for a simple gas tube because they won't mail me one. Something happened to my 929 cylinder after a range day (erosion or corrosion its brown on titanium) Now this poor guy, LOL smith customer service reps just great me by name when I call.

Think ill need to bite the bullet and mail them all in.

MrBorland

The S&W 2-piece barrels I've generally seen require a mandrel inserted into the barrel and a trip back to S&W. These 2-piece barrels, though, look like they do indeed use a nut. Looks like the tool is available, too, and if I'm reading between the lines correctly, might not be a bad tool to buy if you're going to shoot your 325 frequently. ;)

http://www.dlsports.com/sandw_barrel_wrench.html
Shooters who have experienced the loosening of their S&W barrel nut on their revolvers with two piece barrels, such as the light weight 45 ACP revolvers, will already know the need for a compatable barrel wrench to re-tighten the problem.
(Keep in mind the front nut has a reverse thread)