.32 Remington

the400ydshooter

Does anyone have any information regarding .32 Remington? A friend of mine is looking for ballistic data, ammunition, etc., regarding this cartridge, because he can't find any ammunition for his rifle, which I believe is stamped .32 Remington Autoloader. Cabela's used to have an obsolete cartridge division which carried the .32 Rem, but I haven't been able to find any ammunition. Any help would be appreciated.

Loader9

Remington came out with the 30 Remington and 32 Remington which are basically the 30-30 and the 32 Winchester Special in a rimless case. They will produce almost identical ballistics as the Winchester cases. I have loading data for both but best of luck finding brass. I'll PM you if I find any. I used to have a 30 Remington years ago and I haven't a clue what I did with the brass. If I find it- it's yours. To make it into 32 Remington all you'll have to do is run it thru a 32 Remington die to expand the neck. The 35 Remington was also among these rimless cases but the 35 is a larger case than the other two. Finding loaded ammo for the 30 or 32 will be hard and the best bet would be at a collector. Expect to spend several bucks a pop for it. Loading data for the 32 Remington is identical to the 32 Winchester as are the ballistics. Data is available in the Speer #8 manual......best of luck finding one of those too.

James K

Member In Memoriam
When Remington first came out with their Model 8 semi-auto and Model 14 pump guns, they went to rimless cartridges for better functioning. But in order to compete with Winchester lever guns, they wanted to offer a full range of cartridge performance.

Consequently, they developed the .25 Remington, the .30 Remington, and the .32 Remington, matching the .25-35, 30-30, and .32 Special, and the .35 Remington. The .35 Remington (the only one still made) had no exact Winchester match but was somewhat competitive with the .35 Self Loading and some other .35 cartridges.

The .32 Remington is long obsolete and is now a collector's item. Cases can be made from .30-30 cases by turning off the rim and cutting an extractor groove. Speer makes, or used to make, a .321 diameter bullet specifically for the .32 Special and the .32 Remington.

Jim

Gun 4 Fun

Any load data that is currently offered in any modern reloading manual for the .32 Winchester Special will work fine in the .32 Remington. Same goes for the .30-30/ .30 Remington. Have you tried the Old Western Scrounger for ammo?

the400ydshooter

Thanks, everyone. I only had a limited knowledge of what my friend was looking for, and he hates the internet, so he asked me to help him find the stuff. Brass was probably the most important thing, I believe he had reloading data for the cartridge and the bullets he was able to find. I had thought I had checked some of the places you guys suggested, but I guess I wasn't trying all to hard. Laziness. Anyway, thanks again.