.32 H&R mold ?

9ballbilly

I wonder if any of you folks could recommend a good mold or two for casting for the .32 H&R mag.?
Thanks very much.

FrankenMauser

In the 115 gr range, I use the NOE 314316. I have several different versions of the mold with combinations of plain bases, gas check bases, and hollow point cavities. (A few different versions are available on the website.)

Note: The bullets run heavy. The standard bullet with a gas check base drops at about 118 grains in WW alloy. With a plain base, it drops at about 122 grains.
It's the GC HP version that comes in at about 115 gr, with a gas check.

In the 90-grain range, I like the Accurate 31-090L.

For wadcutters, I've been buying Hornady 90 gr Hollow Base swaged wadcutters. I haven't found a mold that met my needs, to cast my own. I'm hoping MP will made a "Hollow Point" wadcutter one of these days, so I can just turn it around and run it as a hollow-base.

salvadore

I don't load for the 32 H&R, but do for the 32/20. I shoot the saeco version of FrankenMauser's bullet in higher pressure rifle loads but use a plain base version in handguns and light rifle loads with little or no loss of accuracy, just personal experience with the 32/20.

salvadore

Oh yeah, not a cast bullet, but Hornady markets a 90 gr. HBWC that looks like a dandy for the 32 straight wall cases.

I purchased the LEE TL314-90-SWC. That bullet has not really tripped my trigger. Was the 1st TL mold I have purchased.
Turns out I dont like them.

I now have the LEE 311-100-2R I like this mold. Need to check your OAL for use in 32-20 guns. Needs be seated past the crimp groove. I shoot these in
32mag, 327 mag and 32-20.
I actually shoot these Tumble lubed as cast in my 32-20's Seems to like them like that.

I have not tried them in 32S&W or 32L loads. I am after a lighter bullet for those.