32 Auto

KJr

I am considering buying a 32 auto. I like the smaller size and figured reloading and finding brass would be relatively easy. Can a ya'll give me some feedback?

SwampYankee

.32 ACP is hard to find, as commercial ammo. I have toyed with reloading it but it seems so darn small. If you want something to cheap to reload and shoot, go with 9 mm or .38 special.

DavidAGO

My wife has a Walther PPK, an older German one in .32 I love to shoot it. I haven't found a whole lot of options for reloading it yet, but then I haven't looked too hard. I have had no trouble getting new brass and bullets from Midway. I have lost a lot of the brass at the range, it is small and hard to find.
Reloading it is a bit different; it does not take as much effort to swing the lever on my Rockchucker press when reloading the .32
David

Last edited:

troy_mclure

ive picked up about 3k once fired brass over the last few month for about $50.
just been preping it currently, havent bought any bullets for it.

dreamweaver

all depends on what you plan to do with it. for plinking etc, have at it! if youre looking to carry it for self defense, keep in mind that there isn't much in the way of ammo to choose from. some people (note I said "SOME people") don't think .32 is adequate for self defense and .380 is the minimum you would want to use. personally, i think .32 acp is better than having a knife, or a big stick!;)

rc

I reloaded some 32 acp for a friend and it was not hard at all. I've put some of the rounds in my .32 mag and other than the rim sometimes slipping off the extractor they work ok for backup ammo. 32 components are not hard to order but hard to find in local stores. Jacketed bulellets in 32 are about the same as 9mm. The savings is in the powder. You only use about 3 grains of powder at most in a .32 auto. Other costs are about as same as larger caliber 9mm ammo. It would probably be harder if you are a big guy with fat fingers however. rc

amamnn

I shoot and load for an old PP in .32 acp I picked up some years ago. It can be hard to find bullets at a decent price for it. IMHO it is a fun little gun to add to your collection, but if you actually want to use it and/or shoot it often a 9mm would be better. There is never a problem getting components for the 9, nor does it require all that much more powder.

HisSoldier

Heck, .32 cases are huge! I'm looking forward to loading .25 ACP, got the dies, haven't even thought about the bullets. (Hey, what bullets for .25 ACP?)

The first time I loaded .380 I thought "What a pain!", must not have been too bad, I loaded 2K of 'em. Continuous problem with .380 was powder shake out when the shell plate indexed, and I'm guessing .32 will be even worse.

jal5

Ive got the dies and brass just have to buy the bullets. Tough part is finding the darn brass at the range though, mine fly all over the place with the Mauser!