312" bore 7.62x54

rude robert

I searched but could not come us with any old post. I even tried to post on my old post and got no response lol

I just bought new dies to reload the mosin it has two plugs the the bigger one is 310". will this work for 312 bullet or do i need to order dies for the 303 round. thx for the imput.

res45

My Mosin bore is .312" as well,I use the .310" expander ball for jacketed and hard cast bullets and it work just fine. The 303 dies will have the same size expander ball,if for some reason you need a larger expander get yourself a Lyman M die.

In my M44 I get best results with the 150 gr. jacketed .311 dia. bullet and in cast .314" GC cast lead bullets.

FrankenMauser

Chamfer the case mouths and use the .310" expander. You'll have good neck tension, and it won't cause a problem unless you try to seat lead bullets. But... if you want to shoot lead bullets, you should be flaring the mouths anyway.

As long as you stick with jacketed bullets... shoot what's accurate. Don't worry about the actual diameter (so long as it's somewhere between .308" and .313").

lee n. field

I just bought new dies to reload the mosin it has two plugs the the bigger one is 310". will this work for 312 bullet or do i need to order dies for the 303 round. thx for the imput.

Slug your bore. Mosins vary. My M38 has a .314 bore.