308 ERShaw

4runnerman

Hello all.This has probebly been covered before too, Im looking at getting a cutsom 308 rifle built from ERShaw. Has anyone had any expirence from them?. All i can find so far is good. How do their barrels compare to Savage?.

Mk. VII Information
Caliber: .308 WIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receiver: Stainless Steel - Polished - Right Handed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barrel: Stainless Steel - Straight Fluting - Polished
Barrel Options: - 26" Length - Varmint
Stock: Laminate Wood Stock - Pepper

This is the build im looking at. If there is anyone that thinks something should be changed -Please let me know. I want this for 800 yards or more paper punching only. Also not sure of what twist i should go with

Thanks for all help

sir_n0thing

Curious to hear any responses as Shaw is one of the options I will be considering for my next rifle!

Sent via Tapatalk ~Android~

4runnerman

Precision--If you only knew how happy i am to hear that. I love my Savage i have now.And 16 months for a guy that does not have any patiance is a long time. Im still wondering how ERShaw compares to Savage barrels.

taylorce1

I looked at having ER Shaw build me a rifle in .338-06 a few years back. One year to build and all the money up front turned me off and I've never looked back. Mainly it was all the money up front that turned me off. It is just a Savage rifle without the barrel nut; I can get one of my Savages re-barreled this way from a local gunsmith with a better barrel than the Shaw for less money. Plus he only requires 50% up front the rest upon completion.

M.O.A.

im looking at a E.R. shaw to but in 7mag the one im wanting is mate finish twist flutes with the pepper stock and a 26" sporter barrel and would cost $960 shipped

as presision-shooter said you can get one of the f-class rifles but they run from $1000 to $2000 while they are amazing rifles

or you can get a savage from there custom shop

taylorce1

Taylorce1
Did you ever get a .338/06?
Jerry

I've owned a .338-06 since 2004. Love the cartridge just wanted a Stainless Synthetic rifle for hunting bears and other big game up in Alaska. My custom 1903 Sporter doesn't hold up as easily in a wet enviroment as what I was wanting to build.

Send me a PM if you want to know more about the cartridge. Although my experience with it is limited to 200 grain bullets. However it is a killer of big game, and has more reach than people give it credit for.