308 AR or bolt action oppinions

deathshead

so Im thinking about getting a new toy with my tax returns Im thinking a 308 bull barrel AR or a 308 savage 20" bull barrel, accutrigger, and folding choate sniper stock. also tossing around the idea of a 7.62x39 AR upper. what do you think?

Electronrider

That sure is a wide spread ya got goin there...

In another few weeks, I will be getting my grubby little paws on a DPMS LR-308 with a 24 inch barrel. They are getting an excellent reputaion as far as accuracy and reliablity goes. I can't wait.

The savage is a good gun, and most bolt actions will out shoot a semi auto in terms of accuracy.

7.62x39 upper is also on my list of goodies to get. C-prodycts is about to start selling their new magazine for 7.62x39 in the AR platform, which solves the absolute biggest complaint about this round in the AR platform.

Clear as mud right? LOL

velocette

I've had my DPMS LR 308B for about a year now. It has been totally reliable, no failures of any kind (over 700 rds) It will consistently shoot under 1 moa with factory ammo. ( Federal power shok 150 gr; $12.00 / box at WalMart) and less than .75 moa with my handloads (Sierra MK 168 + 41 gr IMR 4895) It was ordered from the factory with the JP trigger installed (Very strongly recommended, the stock trigger is horrible) Recoil is soft, recovery is quick.
With 20 rd mag installed, the sight of it makes the politically correct wet their pants.
Get 'em now before the dimocrats ban them again.

Roger

john in jax

I've talked to 3 different shooters that are very happy with their Oly 7.62x39 AR's. All 3 of them bragged on the accuracy, but said that reliable mags are expensive IF you can find them. C-products has been trying to perfect a 7.62x39 AR mag design and has ended up delaying production for what seems like 2 years now.

deathshead

Im thinking along the lines of plinking / **** hits the fan. Ive got a shotgun for home defence, a savage 110 7mm rem mag for range time, an ak parts gun that is still in parts lol and a m1 carbine that I have more or less lost intorest in, and for the price of 30 carbine ammo I could be buying real rounds . Im intorested in 308 or 7.62 for there power and price. the 7mm rem mag hits the wallet pretty well for "plinkin" if you can call it that.