300 win short mag

dabigguns357

I'm in the mood to buy a gun,so i've been askin around and have come across a friend who has a Savage 300 win short mag with a redfield scope for $150.00 with the same box of ammo that was bought with the gun,he fired it 4 time to try and site it in but gave up.Infact he still has the original box and all the paper work too.He bought the rifle 3 years ago so he could hunt but never has time so now he wants the money more than the gun.

My question is this,I know absolutly nothing about this type of gun or the rounds it takes.Any advise would be great

Big-Foot

My advise is to give him $150 before he changes his mind.

Edit: He only fired four rounds? Sounds like the gun had more recoil than he was used too. It's tough to hit something when a person is getting beat up by the gun. You might want to shoot it first to make sure that you don't make the same mistake. It's an inexpensive but good, reliable, usually very accurate rifle, but it is a 300 Magnum and it might not be the right gun for a new shooter.

Last edited:

dabigguns357

I may have to do that disco,If i can't afford to shoot it or can't handle the recoil of it.If i do get it i'll be sure to let you show me how to properly shoot it,i'll let you even shoot it first disco.