300 Ham'r

Cheapshooter

Is it really that good? Or just a way for Wilson to sell expensive guns and barrels?
Seems that if it were the new "sliced bread" there would be a lot more companies chambering their guns, uppers, and barrels for it.

GeauxTide

Bought a barrel from ER Shaw for a couple hundred. It shoots 1/2" with 135 FTX. Haven't chrono'd, but data says 2400+. I also got some Speer 135 HAM'R Bonded from Wilson at a very good price. After poppin a 256# Boar 4x with a 6.5 Grendel, I wanted something between it and my 450 Bushmaster. It's 6# with a 1x6 Vortex and is a delight to carry and shoot. Think of it as a 30-30 in a 16" AR. Lost my window till the fall as they're only moving at night down here.

CarJunkieLS1

I'm thinking about a 300 Hamr too, I believe it will be a great cartridge for my wife to use on deer and smaller, that won't beat her shoulder to death. Also be a good one for my daughter to start with when she gets a few years older.

bfoosh006

I think it is a great round... its just that my 308 Large Frame AR will do it mo' better.

With commonly available ammo.

I struggled with wanting one for a long time.

If I was in the market for a Pig Slayer based on a small frame AR... The 300 HAM'R sure fits the criterion.