300 Black Out Loads

Chaparral

I just purchased a Ruger American Ranch rifle in 300 Blkout. It has a 1:7 twist barrel. I was going to load a good supersonic load for it. I have a friend that has a AR in 300 Blkout. He ask me to load him a subsonic load. I have all types of bullets in 30 caliber from 110 grain to 220 grain. Does anyone have a good recipe for the supersonic, and a good recipe for the Hornady 208 grain Amax's for subsonic? I have a pretty good stock of the 208's. Thank you.

Sharkbite

I use H110 in my supersonic loads with 110gn v-max or 125gn SMK’s. I find my 9” AR gets the best velocities with this powder. If im loading supers i want max fps (assuming the load groups fine)

I also load 208Amax as my subsonic load. For that load i use 1680 for my powder. Now, im trying to cycle an AR, so 1680 works for that. Im sure you can find a better powder for a bolt gun. Ive just never loaded specifically for my bolt gun...wanting a single load to shoot in both my bolt and AR

My bolt gun is a Remington 700 and the AR is an AAC 9”. I run a Gemtech 300blk can on the AR and a 762sdN6 on the bolt

Chaparral

I use H110 in my supersonic loads with 110gn v-max or 125gn SMK’s. I find my 9” AR gets the best velocities with this powder. If im loading supers i want max fps (assuming the load groups fine)

I also load 208Amax as my subsonic load. For that load i use 1680 for my powder. Now, im trying to cycle an AR, so 1680 works for that. Im sure you can find a better powder for a bolt gun. Ive just never loaded specifically for my bolt gun...wanting a single load to shoot in both my bolt and AR

My bolt gun is a Remington 700 and the AR is an AAC 9”. I run a Gemtech 300blk can on the AR and a 762sdN6 on the bolt
Very good. Thank you so much. This points me in a direction.

Geezerbiker

Check out the reloading section here...
http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/

I've been loading for my H&R single shot .300 blackout for awhile now and I use it more as a plinker than a serious hunting rifle. My favorite load is a bullet I cast using a Lee mold for .32 caliber handgun. I'd have to check but I think they drop from my mold around .310" and around 85 grains. I load them over 3.5 grains of Red Dot for a quite load with almost no recoil.

I expected to have flyers with that long jump to the rifling but no, it shoots tiny groups at 50 yards.

Tony

FrankenMauser

CAUTION: The following post includes loading data not covered by currently published sources of tested data for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assumes any liability for any damage or injury resulting from the use of this information.

I use H110 in my subsonic .300 Blk loads, which use 194-220 gr bullets (including the 208 gr AMax).

I stopped using reloading data for new bullets.
I just go straight to 9.3 to 9.5 grains.
If I'm fairly certain that it'll be in the velocity range that I want, I may load a whole box.
If the bullet is different enough (like the 194 Lehigh ME) that I expect to be tweaking the load, I might only load 10-20 for testing.

I chronograph and 'ear' test for cracking, and go from there. Once, I had to back down from 9.5 to 9.3 gr (hence why I sometimes start at 9.3 now). And, a couple of times, I had to bump it up closer to 10 gr. But, in most cases, I was between 1,000 and 1,050 fps - which is perfectly acceptable to me.

If you go look at 190-240 gr load data, you'll find that the vast majority of loads using H110 are running 9.3 to 10.5 gr and they're never even remotely close to standard pressure, let alone max.

Last edited:

Nathan

I run supers with CCI 450’s, Ramshot Enforcer and Hornady 110 vmax seated to 2.05”. Shoots well out of my pistol.

Mr.RevolverGuy

The Firing Line recognizes reloading and handloading involve certain inherent risks. Neither SWAT Magazine nor The Firing Line assumes any liability, express or implied, for any damage or damages which may arise in connection with said activities. This includes, but is not limited to, personal injury or damage to real or personal property. When using any load data obtained from this site, the user accepts it is his or her sole responsibility to verify the load data are safe for use in the user's firearm(s).

Reloading database for 300blackout and my journey MANY loads http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3817

19.0 grains of H110 makes a nice load behind a Hornady 110 V-max for 2383fps

My favorite is a Hornady 150 SST or 155 AMAX,with 17.0 grains or 18.2 grains of CFEBLK respectively...run 1740-1770 fps range.

10.1 grains of IMR4227 for that 208 Hornady Amax is subsonic in mine.

Note on posting warning

Guys,

If you read the warning requirement thread, the text you are supposed to post is not the big explanatory warning, but the one down below that reads:

CAUTION: The following post includes loading data not covered by currently published sources of tested data for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assumes any liability for any damage or injury resulting from the use of this information.

DukeConnor

you will need to work up a load that will cycle his AR.

I would start with 10 grains of 4227 and work up until ot cycles reliably. A can will also effect cycling.

FrankenMauser

Guys,

If you read the warning requirement thread, the text you are supposed to post is not the big explanatory warning
:D

I haven't actually read the post for a while. I just clicked the sticky and looked for bold text. ;)