30 T/C Update

bigbird34

Hello Folks, I finally got up to the rifle range the other day ......I needed to sight in my Weatherby Mark V .with a new 3x9x40mm Zeiss "Conquest" scope (Superb scope ) super clear .....I shot the old 338-06 with 225 gr Sierra Bullets and I got a nice one inch group at 100 yards ,I also tried some 185 gr Barnes STX's and they grouped just as well as the 225's @ 100 yards ......

I cleaned my T/C in 30 T/C and then sighted it in,it has a Burris 3x9x40mm Ballistic plex scope on it ,it shot a one inch group or tighter at 100 yards ....very accurate right out of the box ,recoil is less than the 338-06 of course .....I felt the trigger was a bit heavy (I'll adjust that when time allows) and getting used to the butter knife handle will take a tad of getting use too....I like the looks of the handle ! I'm just not use to the feel of the handle .....otherwise the T/C meet my expectations....now I need to reclean it and store it back in the safe .....The 338-06 and the 7mm Rem-Mag are the hunter/killers....See Ya ,Jim

sureshots

Icons are OK

I also have A 30TC Icon. I Mounted A 50mm.3x9 Nikon and sighted A 100yrd. target through the bore. With the 150gr. SST Hornaday of course, my fifth,sixth and seventh shot formed A one-half inch group, one inch high at 100 yards. I shot three more times and had the same result, another tight group. That was enough for me I was totally in awe. This was absolutely the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. I have since shot the remainder of my box of cart. with equal results. I am totally amazed at this rifle. It is everything Thompson Center claims it to be. I also have friends with Icons, one A 30TC the other A 308Cal. Both are equally pleased with their rifles. They too have the accurcy you would not expect from An over the counter firearm. Hats off to Thompson Center this Time.